• VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Helper I

VPS IP Location - Geo location

I am confused about how Godaddy VPS works. I have a European Server but the IP Geo location is in ARIZONA. Godaddy support says they don't have european IP adresses.

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User IV

@Evesion 

What is your domain name - When I've seen sites / servers in the European datacenter the owner looks slightly different than the US ones, but I haven't looked closely at the IP block

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@PL281 one of my domains on the server is hosting4uae.com

The current problem now is that if you check my servers IP location it looks like the server is in the US and this gives a conflict with a API I am using.

I thought Europe servers would have a Europe IP. I also wondering if a US IP doesn;t add extra latency.

I did some more investigation:

1: My IP GEO Locations is from Scottsdale, Arizona

2: My Server Default Time UTC-07:00 (same as Scottsdale Arizona)

3: Tracing my IP, data goes toe Scottsdale Arizona.

4: Cloudflare CDN has as caching point Arizona

5: I installed Openvpn on my VPS and if I route my traffic it goes thru Scottsdale Arizone

Godaddy says my server is in Europe, I have a hard time believing it.

Question - When you purchased the server, were you on the US GoDaddy portal or another country? The only thing I can think of is if you are in the US, but pick the EU datacenter it somehow is still able to assign US IPs to it.

It is showing as Host Europe GmbH which does suggest / say that it is in the EU Data Center.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community