• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

CSS or HTML in GoCentral website builder

Is there an area for CSS or HTML in the new GoCentral website builder? I have found online tutorials but all the tutorials are only for an older version of GoDaddy website builder. 

35 REPLIES 35

Re: CSS or HTML in GoCentral website builder

Hey @davidpeeler,

At this time, GoCentral doesn't have any features in place to allow custom scripting. However, i do believe this has been an item of feedback our developers are already taken into consideration with upcoming updates. Stay tuned for those announcements. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I am on trial version and this is quite disappointing, especially when reading through old support threads where it appears to be available.  Which by the way is very frustrating when I am walking through the steps trying to figure out why I can't find the same options...

I was hoping to easily add a widget, or build something with JavaScript that could act as a cost estimator (give my clients an action).

New

Hi.. You mentioned a few months back that GoCentral may allow some tweaking/custom scripting. 

Is this available now? Is it possible to download the code of the page, the HTML, CSS etc. Is it possible in anyway to customise in anyway above and beyond menu driven options.

Thanks

Nilhan

New

When will this feature be added? I migrated from the older product to GoCentral and I didn't realize that I would be taking a "huge step back" on capabilities. 

Sadly, Go Daddy is no longer my "GoTo" for all this web related...VERY disappointed in you guys 
    😞

New

I, like all others, am extremely disappointed with GoDaddy! No HTML? Really? I can't have final purchase price based shipping. I can't add HTML. I can't add badges with my company's accreditations. I can't even add a PayPal button to allow customers to pay over time.

Customer support is non-existent. (Sorry... you can't do that unless you spend more money).

GoDaddy has been the worst experience of my business life. A complete and total waste of time and money!!

New

I understand they want GoCentral to be idiot proof, but don't insult your customers by not allowing them to copy and paste a code into a box. I simply need to be able to add a review widget so I don't have to send my visitors to another site just to read reviews.

GoCentral is the house

HTML/CSS are the doors

Widgets are the furniture

You wouldn't build a house without doors, would you? I hate moving.

That was going to be my question.  I am kind of sorry I used Go Central now because it is fairly rigid and I can't do much with it.  In leau of future modifications allowing us to enter code, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a website using the Go Central builder at least a little interactive with visitors.  Speaking of that I would like to add a blog to the website with the ability to engage visitors in the process.  I actually know html quite well and Java and other scripts to a lesser extent. Any suggestions on mechanisms I can use to make this site more interactive?  I'm losing people too quickly in part I believe because they are not being engaged.  Any help or suggestions would be appreaciated.

Well this is disappointing. I just sent an email to convince a web client to switch to godaddy so I could close a hosting account with another company. But he has a menu/ordering button through a service and now I can't add it to his website?!? Is there a way to use a previous website builder instead or do I need to cancel the trial and use a different provider?

I see that many other business owners have expressed concern about this HTML issue - am I missing the responses from GoDaddy?  it is now July 2017... I don't find any way to even add a YELP badge because it requires HTML. Has anything been done??

Spoiler
    I think that their interest to sell own Online store feature. And main concern is you can not use your own PayPal HTML button.

Seriously, you can't do this?  I just setup a site for fun and thought I was missing something obvious.  I just spent a ton of money for GoDaddy that I didn't need to and now I realize their hosting options are crap.  What a load...

I will be moving my site now, I can't work with this.  It was easy to create a site, but you are calling your users stupid GoDaddy.  idiots.

I am with everyone else here.  I was convinced by a sales rep to "upgrade" to this version of builder only to find out how stupid basic it is.  Simple html boxes shouldn't be that hard.  Very disappointed that I got duped into this.  On top of that, I got multiple different quotes on pricing for all this! Way to be on the same page GoDaddy.  I enjoy how the reps respond here, too.  NOT. 

New

Same here. I just canceled my GoCentral subscription. Not only could I not add basic HTML, but their template that I was using had a showstopper bug. I could work around it if I could have tweaked the HTML/Javascript. But, no. Bottom line: I couldn't change what they gave me and what they gave me (that I paid for) simply didn't work.

Helper II

There's no html capability right now, but it looks like the plan is to just integrate everything. I've heard the option to add a badge & cert image section is coming, and I've also heard whispers of possibly adding html soon. The point of GoCentral is to market to a different crowd - to make it so that anyone can create a website, regardless of their level of ability. There are a lot of people out there who have a hard time even figuring out how to copy/paste code into a box. And having worked with GoDaddy products for years, I've known plenty of people who just pasted a code into a box and messed up their whole site (luckily, fixing it is as easy as just deleting the code). GoCentral isn't really for those of us who are a little more capable. Why not use the Managed Wordpress instead? I've been pretty happy with that.

--The largest litter of kittens produced was 19 kittens. - Cat Fact # 77--

So when is the next update? so totally disappointment with GoCentral Website Builder!!!!! 

@CG wrote:

Hey @davidpeeler,

At this time, GoCentral doesn't have any features in place to allow custom scripting. However, i do believe this has been an item of feedback our developers are already taken into consideration with upcoming updates. Stay tuned for those announcements. 

This, among many more reasons, (nickle and dime tactics, nightmare customer service with little to no knowledge of what they are talking about, etc) is why we are working hard to build into our own server and remove all services from your company. We strongly urge anyone who is intermediate or higher in their understanding of web basics to do the same. Feel free to ask us for advice as to a good company to jump to for your hosting needs. Your management was given the chance to keep us as a customer as we got charged another $80 to put our sub-domain under SSL (a service that was paid for at domain purchase we never received). Considering the plethora of available free options, a warm '$&%^ you' has been earned after the 24+ hours of dealing with quite a few customer service reps who all had different stories about why the additional charge was justifiable, though once the ssl worked on the sub-domain, the rest of the site magically had the SSL protection it was supposed to. Count down has begun till the pursuit of a fair refund for the remainder of the pre-paid hosting costs.small.png                                                                  Eugene Tech Securities                                                                         

Helper V

I just signed up for the free trial and I see there is a section you can add now. I think it's called badges. Add that section to your site whereever you want and you can put an image of your choice, like a logo, in there.

New

agreed

I'm excited for Go Central to get the capacity to add basic widgets. My business depends on reviews and I'm disappointed that I can't add the reviews badge from an outside website. They prepare the code and the widget updates automatically with the number of reviews. I just transitioned to Go Central from Website Builder and am kinda disappointed. Full disclaimer, I'm a novice at this stuff, but the directions are reasonable enough. Please add the capacity, people gotta eat.

New

It would also be nice to use Google Tag Manager for special tracking.

Eugene D. Hayes
    New

Wow, I was almost complete with my new site design, only to discover I can't add a Houzz Pro badge to my website - that is disappointing.

If this can't be done then GoDaddy will lose this web hosting contract for my business as it is a necessity.

Edit:  FOUND THE SOLUTION!  🙂

Under 'page' add a 'section' - choose the type for 'logos and badges'.  You will need to upload your own saved copy of the badge or logo image.  Then click the image in the editor and select Website URL to add a link to an outside page when someone chooses your button.

I had added some other social media in the footer, but will remove those and add them as 'logos and badges' so they all display side by side.

(Will have to repeat this section on each page since we can't add the custom badges in the footer choices, unfortunate, but at least a work around).

Hey @lainey,

Saw you posting this in another discussion. Taking a moment to share with everyone else that there has been recent updates to include improved functionality to add custom HTML to the new GoCentral/Website Builder page designer. For more details, check out our article here

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    New

I, too, am very disappointed with the lack of flexibility with GoDaddy's Site Builder. Their are so many tweaks I cannot do because of this glaring lack of ability to edit formating HTML and CSS code.

Thank you GoDaddy for adding the capacity to GoCentral! Very grateful!!!
    Helper V

Well, I was thrilled to see HTML availability was added. THEN, upon closer inspection, it appears it's only to add broad changes or entire sections. What I need is the ability to add HTML to the body copy and the headlines for special characters (such as in my company name - TM) and to add anchors with links. As far as I can tell, neither one of these are available. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED...

I am not seeing a global way to add CSS or scripts. Per page section HTML isnt really the answer. There needs to be one "meta" for the header (before </head>) and one "scripts" in the footer (before </body>). Then people could style their site or script new functionality. They are just filtered text areas in existing header/footer sections, extremely simple to integrate. I bet it would take 15 mins to release.

I am an ecommerce developer by the way, and have made this field functionality for various other platforms. I have a potential client on Godaddy stores but I really can't help them with new design/scripts in a global manner unless you guys add a proper method to do so.

I am promoting my website using Baidu.com (search engine in China), I want to embed the analytics code come with Baidu. I like the easy use feature of GoCentral. But promoting my web site in China is every importance to my business. Pls open he site wide javascript code adding feature ASAP.

So there are no </body> tags?

Listen, GoDaddy, its been 3 weeks. To any readers requesting this feature, please take note of this:

To reiterate on my above post: I am a full stack developer with 10+ years experience building and extending e-commerce platforms. Adding this field is extremely trivial. The GoDaddy developers could integrate this feature, directly into live builds, in less than 30 mins.

So we know, 30 mins of work would extend the GoDaddy platform thousands of times over. But its not the Dev's fault if they are not allowed to do the work.

To the community: Lets not pester the GoDaddy moderators and Devs about an issue that is 100% management and product lead based. Instead, lets vent our frustrations that a GoDaddy management team (who may have no idea this thread even exists) is limiting a feature requested directly by a community with far more web experience than they may have. Agile knuckles to the feet on the ground ask, "Have you seen this yet?".

If you agree, bump your opinion. Thank you GoDaddy devs. Please push your management towards solving this feature. Thank you Moderators, please forward our group concerns to both devs and management.

-- Yours Truely,
    Creadev.org

New

html editor

just started a new website and have some html coding - but i can't see on the website builder where to enter it -please help

New

Re: html editor

@damask wrote:

just started a new website and have some html coding - but i can't see on the website builder where to enter it -please help

I been testing the website builder and I must say is pretty good and supports some nice features for building a site but if you review the HTML area it will be nice to add features to add images after the code is in place since it only supports the HTML CODE. I know it says is in beta mode but this is something to add or look into it for future implementation. We can always reference the images on the code but the images where hosted on my computer a possible solution is to add a feature to either add the fotos to the hosted website and for advance users to edit the image location but that's for advance tekies an more user friendly solution that goes with your easy webbuilder interface will be to  individually add photos on the content or like the add section you already have that adds images but only on a new section not on the code. I will post this on the godaddy forum for the gurus and others to share or review for future implementation... I only got 21 days to try it and I guess I wont have that option 😞 oh well let me find a solution but the web-builder has some nice features that I will keep investigating. godaddy.jpg

New

Need to add sitemap to GoCentral website. How is this accomplished and what are the specific steps to complete this? Is a sitemap automatically generated as it does not appear to be possible to add? My website is getting 0 response in analytics on all internet browsers. What good is website if no one can find it.

Solution

Today 7/18/18.  I have been searching for instructions on inserting html code from Amazon or other sites in the GD Web Builder. I have just signed up as an Amazon Associate.  I want to be able to get commissions if anyone clicks on the Amazon link from a product I might recommend.  Anyway, after not finding my answer on my own, I contacted tech chat, the tech didn't know how to do it, and she did try but I was left with "so I'll contact Amazon." 

Before I did, I went back to one of these forums about inserting html code (latest dates of posting was July 2017.) As I read on down, someone said there is a way (because GoDaddy was supposed to have fixed this.)  The instructions he noted were not located where this poster said they were on the web builder version I was using, but I decided to look on the moveable sidebar tools (where you can select to insert images or texts, etc.) and down at the bottom is an  html  button.  So I clicked it and a window with 2 tabbed sections, the first section opens up automatically to window labled HTML settings where there is a box to insert your code.  I erased an example code that was there and pasted the code from Amazon that includes my associate number and hit save.  I opened the next tab that says "advanced" and hit save and voila', a small image of the product appears with descriptive text and price in its own small box and clicking it will take you to Amazon.  I am delighted to have finally found what I needed, but why didn't the tech know this?  Yes, I had seen it there before, but didn't remember because I never used it. I wasted like some 2 hours looking around for this.  Not good Go Daddy.