• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Customising contact forms and password protected pages

Hi,

I'm using the GoDaddy personal website package to build a site and it's great apart from two things. The first, is that I really need to be able to do a drop down menu option and a tick box on the 'contact form'. However, all I can get is a single line or multi line text option. The second, is to do a password protected page. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you in advance,

Charlotte

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Advocate VII

Hi @Charlotte_95,

With regard to the form -- the form builder is what it is.  It's a good BASIC builder but not for much customizing.  If you need a more sophisticated one, try the one from CoffeeCup and use the "hosted version" because you cannot upload the necessary files using the sitebuilder/gocentral.  

On the password protection:  Here is what I found.

https://www.godaddy.com/community/Building-and-Managing-a-Website/Password-protecting-a-page-using-w...

Essentially the answer is no.  As noted in the posted solution, page protection (as in memberships) are not built into these platforms.  That is not a fault with them, in that adding a membership/private area can be relatively complex and these site builders were not designed for these features.  If you are growing such that you need a membership or have multiple protected pages you might consider WordPress or a similar content management system.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Advocate VII

Hi @Charlotte_95,

With regard to the form -- the form builder is what it is.  It's a good BASIC builder but not for much customizing.  If you need a more sophisticated one, try the one from CoffeeCup and use the "hosted version" because you cannot upload the necessary files using the sitebuilder/gocentral.  

On the password protection:  Here is what I found.

https://www.godaddy.com/community/Building-and-Managing-a-Website/Password-protecting-a-page-using-w...

Essentially the answer is no.  As noted in the posted solution, page protection (as in memberships) are not built into these platforms.  That is not a fault with them, in that adding a membership/private area can be relatively complex and these site builders were not designed for these features.  If you are growing such that you need a membership or have multiple protected pages you might consider WordPress or a similar content management system.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post

the free GoCentral personal Website builder has this capability but the next version up doesn't? Interesting.