• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Home page photo on a smart phone needs adjusting

Hi Community    On my website on the computer the home page photo is fine.  But when I open up the home page on a smart phone the first photo is chopped at the top.  How do I fix this?  thanks

4 REPLIES 4
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Home page photo on a smart phone needs adjusting

Hi @lynettebrigden. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! You can try using the advanced editing options for the cover photo to change this behavior. 

1. Click on the photo
    2. Click Cover Image (on the right)
    3. Look for the Advanced Editing option below the Overlay slider

You can move the green dot around to change the focus of the image. This affects how the image scales in on smaller devices. You can also change the zoom for the image there. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thanks JesseW   I have tried this and when I move the green dot to where I want the photo it is fine on the website when I look at it on a  computer screen.  

But my phone number and a solid white block of background seems to cut off half the photo when I open the site up on my smartphone.  Even when I have moved the green dot right up to the top of the screen so that only the top of the photo is shown.  It must be something on the settings of the phone perhaps?  I'll check to see if it happens on another phone. 

thanks for the message

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@lynettebrigden I see. I'm not sure what's happening in your case then. Hopefully you're able to get this figured out. Feel free to provide the website address if you continue to have trouble.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Helper V

It's a problem with their setup more than likely. Is it happening on the slideshow? If so, it is discussed in this thread:

https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral-Website-Builder/Slideshow-pics-are-being-cropped/m-p/109...