• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to add links to your images

This subject has come up before and it is being "worked on".  I see no signs of this work coming to fruition.  Not having a link from gallery photos is a serious shortcoming by GoDaddy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: How to add links to your images

Hey there @darth_blader 

If you're using the Websites + Marketing platform, unfortunately those links @Zulfiqar provided won't help much. They're for an older version.

However, there is a way to add links to your gallery photos in a way. 

• Select the gallery section of your website
    • At the bottom on the right-hand side of the editing panel, you should see your gallery images. Select one of them.
    • At the bottom right-hand side now, you should see a section that says Add Caption. You can put your link in here, clink the little hyperlink button (or Control + K / Cmd +K), save appropriately, and there you go. 

Granted it'll be a caption and not a link in the picture itself, but it is a nice workaround to your issue as it stands. Hope that helps.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Resolver VI
    Resolver VI

Hello , I hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in the GoDaddy community. Images in your website's Content or About sections can be linked to any page on your website or on another website.

Follow these steps to add links to your images. You have to use one of the two Site Content widgets that show images.

• Click the Green circular +, then Content, then one of the two provided layouts.
    • Click on the stock image provided.
    • You'll then see where you can upload your own images.
    • Below that is "Link to Page" where you can link to an established page or the very last option "Another URL".

For more info:

Zulfiqar Anees | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb | GoDaddy Pro.
    Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Hey there @darth_blader 

If you're using the Websites + Marketing platform, unfortunately those links @Zulfiqar provided won't help much. They're for an older version.

However, there is a way to add links to your gallery photos in a way. 

• Select the gallery section of your website
    • At the bottom on the right-hand side of the editing panel, you should see your gallery images. Select one of them.
    • At the bottom right-hand side now, you should see a section that says Add Caption. You can put your link in here, clink the little hyperlink button (or Control + K / Cmd +K), save appropriately, and there you go. 

Granted it'll be a caption and not a link in the picture itself, but it is a nice workaround to your issue as it stands. Hope that helps.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post