• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Is there an easy way to duplicate my website?

I am creating several websites for a client, one for each business location, and each fairly identical except for specifics for that location. Is there an easy way to clone the first website so that I don't have to rebuild each one piece by piece? I am using Managed Wordpress and I'm still finding my way around it.  

I had wondered if I could use staging to create the duplicate website, make the changes and then assign the staging site its new domain, but I have a sense that may not work. 

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
    Highlighted
    Advocate I

Re: Is there an easy way to duplicate my website?

Hi

Yes there is!

You can use Akeeba Backup for WordPress 🙂

https://www.akeebabackup.com/products/akeeba-backup-wordpress.html

It is free and they have all the documentation on how it works 

Regards

Johann

Highlighted

I have the same question, but I'm using web builder. I've created a design I really like. I now want to create another website sing the same design, and want to duplicate the site. Is that possible?

Highlighted

to hfesting: me, too. Did you ever get any answer on this?

Highlighted

Hi DTurner,

You can do this using managewp.com - if you haven't discovered this tool yet, you need to check it out asap. The key is to set up the new domain first, then you can copy any website to the new domain.

But, I have to question why the different locations need different websites? Why not just one website with landing pages for the different locations? This would be way easier for the client and for your to manage in the long run.

If you still want to duplicate the site, let me know if you want more detailed instructions.

Highlighted

So no answer was ever given here?

Mark Duda
    Highlighted
    New

Hi. I want to do this using Web Builder too. Did you get an answer?!

Highlighted
    New

Hi 😧

I have the same question. I ended up cloning the one website that ended in .com to the one that ended in .org. I didn't have to redesign my site and all the content is the same.

The one thing that wasn't clear to me is that if I update content on the primary site, the .com one, will it automatically update the .org one? I decided to select create another database so I think that I should have selected the same database. 

Hope this helps with your question.