• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Personal Website Builder expire effect domain?

if my Personal Website Builder is about to expire, if i do not "renew" this will this effect my domain ? as my domain is not to expire until 2027.

will it affect the website in any way other then not allow me to alter change or edit the website itself?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jc71 

Correct however it will be a blank site - it isn't restore the site you've already built - you'll be starting over.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User IV

@jc71 

More than likely what will happen is that after the Website Builder expires the domain will revert to the GoDaddy Parked page.

The website builder isn't just the editor, but the hosting as well as in the site itself - when it expires your website will go away

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

ok, thanks, that clarifies everything. I am going to let the web site builder expire as I wont be using it for a couple years, but I will renew the domain name itself when that time comes. thanks

as long as the domain name is still mine, and doesn't get effected by not have the website/builder renewed, and I can always start up the website builder again in the future, right?

@jc71 

Correct however it will be a blank site - it isn't restore the site you've already built - you'll be starting over.

View solution in original post

ok, perfect, thank you!