• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Unexpected limitations in Website Builder

I am extremely disappointed about GoCentral web builder for many reasons. Actually, after the enormous work to develop a website using GoCentral, I asked Godaddy to transfer this website to another Godaddy server, and they completely rejected my request, and they told me that i will lose all data, the problem that I should shut down the server soon and there is now way to restore the data, that's will damage months of work in updating data. (BTW I paid $60 for restoration plan for this data, but then I found that's only in one server).
    Also, it was so strange that I can't develop Bi-language website, and I can't justify the lines in any content, and I have no access to my files in case i need to do some HTML editing !
    I think it is useless and it is expensive.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Super User II

@malekhad 

It's frustrating that you can't get it to work the way you want, but I think that's mostly because you're on the wrong platform for making customizations. That's not what Website Builder was designed for, and it sounds like you'd be better off on WordPress or a similar CMS.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Hi @malekhad,

Welcome to the Community.

Thank you for your feedback. It's not clear why you would wish for your GoCentral website to be moved to another server. The building program is an application on that server and the website cannot be separated from it. The agent was correct; it is proprietary software that can't be migrated to another hosting plan, either within GoDaddy or to a third-party host. This is very much the same as most web-builder plans throughout the industry. 

You can, of course, create your website using any language that uses the roman alphabet. You can create additional pages to direct visitors to the area of your website you would prefer. While HTML can be added to the GoCentral pages for special functions, it's not designed to be an HTML-based page creation. It's chosen by thousands of users that don't wish to code on their website, looking for an easy way to get their business or personal site online. If this type of website builder doesn't suit your needs, we have a number of other hosting options that you can use for an HTML website. Please contact our customer support team if you need assistance to determine which would work best for you. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User II

@malekhad 

It's frustrating that you can't get it to work the way you want, but I think that's mostly because you're on the wrong platform for making customizations. That's not what Website Builder was designed for, and it sounds like you'd be better off on WordPress or a similar CMS.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @malekhad,

Welcome to the Community.

Thank you for your feedback. It's not clear why you would wish for your GoCentral website to be moved to another server. The building program is an application on that server and the website cannot be separated from it. The agent was correct; it is proprietary software that can't be migrated to another hosting plan, either within GoDaddy or to a third-party host. This is very much the same as most web-builder plans throughout the industry. 

You can, of course, create your website using any language that uses the roman alphabet. You can create additional pages to direct visitors to the area of your website you would prefer. While HTML can be added to the GoCentral pages for special functions, it's not designed to be an HTML-based page creation. It's chosen by thousands of users that don't wish to code on their website, looking for an easy way to get their business or personal site online. If this type of website builder doesn't suit your needs, we have a number of other hosting options that you can use for an HTML website. Please contact our customer support team if you need assistance to determine which would work best for you. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support