cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    Helper I

Website Builder staging

I am trying out the Website Builder with the free 30 day trial. Is there a staging area?

And if so, how do I access it?

Thank you

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Website Builder staging

@AuntFrahn 

W+M does not have a separate staging area like, for example, WordPress.   However, a new feature was recently added that gives you the ability to Unpublish your site to work on it if you so choose.  Coming Soon is then displayed over your header image (which you can change).

You can read about that here.  HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Today ends tonight and tomorrow starts again."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    Super User I
    Solution

Well, it depends on what you mean by staging area.  Because the editor itself could be seen as a staging area, though not as robust as what is available with the Managed WordPress plans.

If you have an existing website you can keep your domain there and set up the website builder on a free temporary domain to test it out.

After you Publish the website you can continue to make changes in the editor, then those wouldn't go to the live website until you Publish again.

Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi @AuntFrahn. With a Websites + Marketing plan, your changes in the editor are saved automatically. Once you're ready for your changes to be live, you can publish the website. If you need to reverse the change, there is a History feature under your Settings that can roll back any changes made since the last backup. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

7 REPLIES 7
    Highlighted
    Super User I
    Solution

@AuntFrahn 

W+M does not have a separate staging area like, for example, WordPress.   However, a new feature was recently added that gives you the ability to Unpublish your site to work on it if you so choose.  Coming Soon is then displayed over your header image (which you can change).

You can read about that here.  HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Today ends tonight and tomorrow starts again."

Highlighted
    Helper I

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. That is good news!

Thank you so much.

Highlighted
    Helper I

Well, I thought it was a good solution until I realized my site would not be available 24/7. Not really a good solution, but it is something, I suppose.

Thanks.

Highlighted
    Super User I
    Solution

Well, it depends on what you mean by staging area.  Because the editor itself could be seen as a staging area, though not as robust as what is available with the Managed WordPress plans.

If you have an existing website you can keep your domain there and set up the website builder on a free temporary domain to test it out.

After you Publish the website you can continue to make changes in the editor, then those wouldn't go to the live website until you Publish again.

Highlighted
    Helper I

OK. I am still on the free trial.

From what I remember in WordPress, I had to "publish" to save my new changes in the staging area.

Is there a "save" instead of publish?

Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi @AuntFrahn. With a Websites + Marketing plan, your changes in the editor are saved automatically. Once you're ready for your changes to be live, you can publish the website. If you need to reverse the change, there is a History feature under your Settings that can roll back any changes made since the last backup. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Highlighted
    Helper I

Thank you!