• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Website just shows white page

I have just finished building my new website and it's not working. I have spoken to both domain and hosting support and the issue still hasn't been resolved so I wanted to know if anyone on here has had this particular issue and how you solved it.

Here are the details:

The website was built live under the cover of a construction page, so all the files are in the root folder. Support has confirmed for me the files are correct, index.php and the WordPress installation and all the files are where they are meant to be for the site to be live, the DNS points to the correct name-servers. For all intents and purposes it should be showing up perfectly.

Hosting told me my theme files for BeTheme were out of date and incompatible with the latest version of WordPress, so I downloaded the latest version of BeTheme with the updated plugins and uploaded them via Plesk file manager. They all show up as up to date. Everything is exactly where it's meant to be and now it's all updated and compatible and the website is still showing the white screen of death, and a favicon for the site which is all that loads. I tried disabling and re-enabling all the plugins as well but it made no difference and the theme requires 6 of 9 plugins I have to operate and currently those 6 are the only ones I have active. I have no idea what else to try and neither does the support staff.

I really don't want to have to find and buy a whole new theme and rebuild my website. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
    Highlighted
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: Website just shows white page

So was the same domain previously going to the construction page while you were building your website? Is it pointed to the same place the construction page was or did you move it to point to the WordPress installation once it was complete? Did you install WordPress on the same domain? Are your paths correct in your WordPress configuration? Was your temporary construction page a part (plugin) of your WordPress installation or was it something external?

There are so many things to troubleshoot, it is hard to know where to begin. A WordPress theme that requires that many plugins just to function needs to be taken behind the barn.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Highlighted
    Helper IV Helper IV
    Helper IV

Re: Website just shows white page

This is the old "white screen of death" -- it's most likely due to the fact that something is breaking in your WordPress site, possibly edits you made to the theme if any. Have you tried applying a different theme to see if that makes a difference? If it does not most likely there is something else wrong in the installation. Troubleshooting something like this will take a lot of time and effort, but it may help if you articulate your configuration. If you have managed wordpress it may be just easier to start again and export/import your content.

Alex Sirota, PMP - NewPath Consulting - Schedule some time with Alex
    "At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe