• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Wordfence: what are these 'critical problems' found?

Hi All,

I don't know what these files are that Wordfence found last night and are said to be a critical problem:

This email was sent from your website "XXXX" by the Wordfence plugin.

Wordfence found the following new issues on "XXXXX".

Alert generated at Friday 27th of January 2017 at 04:24:03 AM

Critical Problems:

* WordPress core file modified: wp-admin/includes/class-wp-posts-list-table.php

* WordPress core file modified: wp-admin/includes/class-wp-press-this.php

* WordPress core file modified: wp-admin/includes/upgrade.php

* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/class-wp-query.php

* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-comments-controller.php

* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-post-statuses-controller.php

* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-post-types-controller.php

* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-posts-controller.php

* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-revisions-controller.php

* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-taxonomies-controller.php

* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-terms-controller.php

* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-users-controller.php

* WordPress core file modified: wp-includes/rest-api.php

My site has not updated automatically to 4.72, and I can't get it to update as it says it's all updated. Should I be worried about these file modifications that happened without my knowing?

4 REPLIES 4
    Helper VI
    Helper VI
    Solution

Re: Wordfence: what are these 'critical problems' found?

Hello @lanaquiv

I'm not familiar with Wordfence but is sounds like you've enabled a function that does not allow file changing. Try to disable Wordfence and see if the updates goes on...

Just in case you're wondering, I'm using iThemes Security on all my WordPress sites.

Good luck.

Smiley Happy

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Thanks! It didn't occur to me that it might be a plug-in issue. I turned each one off until they were all off and still couldn't get the update to show up. But GoDaddy did the update today with Wordfence deactivated. I'll try your suggested plug-in!

It gives page not found 404 error in My Products.Please resolve my problem

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hello @ManojNiroshanaa, if you're still seeing a 404 error when you try to access your products, please test access to your account from another browser to see if you can duplicate the issue.  You should be able proceed without seeing the error.  If you get the same error across multiple browsers, please reach out to our live support teams so we can run some connection tests with you.  Thanks!

MPC