cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Auto FTP into my CPanel on GoDaddy

I have a live streaming Excel worksheet that pulls data from a stock trading platform and I would like to have that Excel sheet embedded into my site. Getting the live stream into my site might be a little complicated so I am thinking about Autosaving the Excel file every 2 minutes and then use and FTP to autoload it into my GDaddy File manager. I would have to automatically overwrite the old Excel info also. The first step is to auto FTP the file and I'm not sure what or if that option is available and is doable within GDaddy. I need for this to be done without any interaction on my part...all automated...any thoughts?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Helper V
Helper V
Solution

Re: Auto FTP into my CPanel on GoDaddy

You can create a batch file and use windows scheduler to run the file every 2 minutes.

WinCSP

Using winscp I was able to make a Bat file and upload the file to my FTP Server.

Create a new text file filename.bat

in the text file add the following 

ECHO OFF
<Path to winscp.exe> /console /open ftp://usernameSmiley Tongueassword@<ftpserver> /option confirm off /command "put excel.xls" "close" "exit"

Replace <Path to winscp.exe> with the location of wincsp.exe file.

Replace username with FTP User name, if you created a new FTP User name you will need to include the domain

Replace password with your ftp password

Replace <ftpserver> with your ftp server domain or ip address

Replace excel.xls with location of youe Excel doc.

This Bat file will allow the Excel file to be uploaded replacing the existing file with the new file.

Re: Auto FTP into my CPanel on GoDaddy

I wish this worked this is what I typed below.  I also changed ftp to sftp.  It is stuck on first entry c:\....

ECHO OFF
C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP /console /open sftp://usernamepassword@60.x.x.x.x:22 /option confirm off /command "put testftp.txt" "close" "exit"

@oslinux wrote:

You can create a batch file and use windows scheduler to run the file every 2 minutes.

WinCSP

Using winscp I was able to make a Bat file and upload the file to my FTP Server.

Create a new text file filename.bat

in the text file add the following 

ECHO OFF
<Path to winscp.exe> /console /open ftp://usernameSmiley Tongueassword@<ftpserver> /option confirm off /command "put excel.xls" "close" "exit"

Replace <Path to winscp.exe> with the location of wincsp.exe file.

Replace username with FTP User name, if you created a new FTP User name you will need to include the domain

Replace password with your ftp password

Replace <ftpserver> with your ftp server domain or ip address

Replace excel.xls with location of youe Excel doc.

This Bat file will allow the Excel file to be uploaded replacing the existing file with the new file.