GoDaddy - Global Privacy Notice
To view our archived Privacy Notice, click here.
GoDaddy empowers entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We also empower you to manage your privacy preferences and exercise your privacy rights when visiting our website, using our services, and communicating with us.
As described below,
- website visitors can manage their privacy preferences directly through this notice by visiting Manage Privacy Settings
- customers can manage their privacy preferences in their Account Settings page, and
- you can always reach us at email@example.com or by mail at the addresses listed in Contact Us to exercise your privacy rights.
This Global Privacy Notice describes our core privacy practices and applies to all individuals regardless of where they live. The laws in some places where we do business also require customized local privacy notices, which you can access through the following links:
We encourage you to review your local customized notice if you live in one of these areas.Data Covered by this Privacy Notice
This global privacy notice covers personally identifiable information (PII) when we act as the data controller.
- PII identifies or could be used to identify a specific person, and any data about that person. For example, your name, address, and payment details are PII.
- We act as a controller when we process PII for our own use. For example, we act as a controller when you provide your PII to open an account.
This notice does not apply when you process PII for your own benefit. For example, when you send email for your business purposes that includes PII, you are acting as the “controller”. When you act as the controller, we act as the “processor” and process PII only in accordance with your instructions or as required by law.
This notice also does not apply to third-party applications offered through our services or linked through our website, such as Microsoft 365 and similar offerings. Please review the privacy notice of any third-party service or website before using it.Core Privacy Rights
We recognize several core privacy rights:
- the right to know what PII we hold about you
- the right to access, correct, or delete your PII
- the right to transfer your PII (data portability)
- the right to set your marketing and advertising preferences
We promptly review requests to exercise privacy rights. If we need more information to process your request, we will contact you by email or, if we do not have an email address on file for you, by the same method you made your request.
If we do not honor your request for legal or other reasons, we will explain why we did not honor your request, your right to appeal, and your right to file a complaint (if available where you live).