GoDaddy - Hosting Agreement
The Universal Terms of Service Agreement sets forth the general terms and conditions of your use of the Site and the Services. This Hosting Service Agreement this (“Service Agreement”) governs your use of GoDaddy’s Hosting services “Hosting Services”). Capitalized terms used in this Service Agreement, but not defined are defined in the Agreement.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
- Web Hosting: Web Hosting plans place your site within one or more servers. Resources are shared between many customers on the same servers; however, your site is given a unique address (DNS)
- Business Hosting: Managed Hosting plans, you get all of the benefits of having your own VPS or Dedicated Server, but we will manage the server for you including setting up your control panel, patching cycles and back-ups
- Managed WordPress Hosting: Managed WordPress Hosting plans give you a streamlined and optimized experience to build and manage WordPress sites. We handle the basic hosting administrative tasks, including: installing WordPress, automated daily backups, WordPress core updates and server-level caching
- Virtual Private Server (“VPS”): VPS plans place your site within a server shared with other customers, but you will have full control over your server space and the complete configuration of your virtual instance on the server. You will have administrator (root) access and a dedicated IP address
- Dedicated Server: Dedicated Server plans reserve an entire server exclusively for your account and usage. You will have exclusive rights to your server's bandwidth, memory, and storage space, and your server’s performance will not be affected by traffic and the usage patterns of other customers
- Managed Support: Managed Support plans are monthly subscription plans that provide you with root/administrative access to the service and Plesk or cPanel. We handle core patching, security, monitoring and backups. Additional configurations and installations can be performed for an additional fee
- Fully Managed Support: Fully Managed Support plans are monthly subscription plans that provide you with the option to enable root/administrative access and we will handle core patching, security, monitoring, and backups. Additional Expert Services are included with the subscription
- Hosting Premium Support/Expert Services: Hosting Premium Support/ Expert Services (“Expert Services”) are additional custom support services available for a set fee. These Expert Services can provide assistance if you need an experiences server administrator for complicated tasks, including: optimizing databases, configuring firewalls, or moving content
- Hosting Backup: Hosting backup and plans save all your website files to the cloud once per day. Storage limits may apply based upon the backup plan that you have purchased. These backup and restore services are available with website hosting plans and may be available for an additional fee with our other hosting service plans. For hosting backup services available as part of a Hosting subscription plan, those services will be canceled if the Hosting subscription plan is canceled.
ACCOUNT TERMINATION; LIMITATIONS
- Migration of Servers: You acknowledge and agree that as a normal course of business, it may be necessary for us to migrate our servers. As a result, even if you have a dedicated IP, you may be assigned a different IP number. We do not warrant that you will be able to consistently maintain your given IP numbers.
- Termination of Hosting Services: You acknowledge and agree that upon expiration or termination of your Hosting Services, you must discontinue use of the Hosting Services and relinquish use of the IP addresses and server names assigned to you in connection with Hosting Services, including pointing the domain name system (“DNS”) for your domain name(s) away from our servers. Prior to termination of the Hosting Services, you are responsible for moving your website or server content off our servers. We will not transfer or FTP your website or server content to another provider. If you fail to move your website or server content off our servers prior to cancellation, we will delete all such content and we will not be able to provide a copy of such content.
- Free Products Credits: Upon termination of the Hosting Services, all free products provided as part of the Hosting Services will be cancelled or revoked.
- Notice Regarding Licensed Images on Migration or Export (where available): Subject to all other applicable licenses terms and conditions, images available and licensed for use are intended for GoDaddy hosted customers only and are subject to the terms and conditions of third-party intellectual property rights and licensing restrictions. To the extent you wish to export or migrate your hosted product or service to another service provider (if available as an option), it is solely your responsibility to ensure your continued right to use any images incorporated therein, and you acknowledge and agree that GoDaddy does not warrant and shall have no responsibility for any claims resulting from your continued use after migration and/or termination (whichever occurs first).
- Storage Capacity: The total amount of usable storage capacity for your particular Hosting Service(s) may differ from the represented capacity, as there is required space for the operating system(s), system file(s), and other supporting file(s). Additionally, Hosting Backup plans may have storage limits.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS; REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- Justification. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have the right to seek justification in connection with your use of the Hosting Services, specifically your purchase of IP addresses, and you shall be obligated to provide any and all information reasonably sought by us pursuant to such justification. In connection with such purchase, you acknowledge and agree that your name and justification may be disclosed to certain registries including, but not limited to, the American Registry of Internet Numbers, in accordance with policies promulgated by any and all such registries and such information may be displayed publicly on the Whois database.
- Abusive Activities and Other Threats. You acknowledge and agree that you may not use our servers and your website as a source, intermediary, reply to address, or destination address for mail bombs, Internet packet flooding, packet corruption, denial of service, or other abusive activities that threaten the stability of our network or will damage the systems of, or cause a disruption of internet services to, GoDaddy, our customers, or third-parties. Server hacking or other perpetration of security breaches is prohibited and we reserve the right to remove sites containing information about hacking or links to such information. Use of your website as an anonymous gateway is prohibited. We prohibit the use of software or scripts run on our servers that cause the server to load beyond a reasonable level, as determined by us. You agree that we reserve the right to remove your website temporarily or permanently from our servers if you are in violation of this Service Agreement and/or there are activities that threaten the stability of our network. You acknowledge and agree that all websites associated with your hosting account may be removed if one website is in violation of this Service Agreement. You further acknowledge and agree that GoDaddy reserves the right to scan your hosted account for malicious content (e.g., malware), and that, in the event any such content is discovered, it may be removed in GoDaddy's discretion for security purposes.
- Storage and Security. You shall be solely responsible for undertaking measures to: (1) prevent any loss or damage to your website or server content; (2) maintain independent archival and backup copies of your website or server content; and (3) ensure the security, confidentiality and integrity of all your website or server content transmitted through or stored on our servers.
Our servers are not an archive and we shall have no liability to you or any other person for loss, damage or destruction of any of your content. The Hosting Services are not intended to provide a PCI (Payment Card Industry) or HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliant environment and therefore should not be used or considered as one. You shall not use the Service in any way, in our sole discretion, that shall impair the fu