Adjust tip settings for GoDaddy Payments
You can give your customers the option to add a tip to their order during in-person transactions. After a customer has swiped their card, they'll be given the option to select one of 3 customized tipping options or enter their own tip amount.
If this is your first time enabling tips, you'll be guided through a series of questions to optimize the settings for your business. Afterwards, you can view and customize your settings whenever you'd like.
- Go to the Dashboard where you manage your Payments account (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Settings, then Tips.
- Turn on the Ask for Tips option.
- Select which types of tips you want to enable.
- Use Smart Tips to set three tip options based on the amount of the order - above or below $10.00.
- Use Custom Tips to set three tip options that always appear, regardless of order amount. (Currently, tips can’t be customized for mobile app transactions. Mobile app customers can choose between no tip, 10%, 15% or 20%.)
- Set your tip amounts.
- Select Amount ($) to offer a set of tipping options in dollar amounts.
- Select Percentage (%) to offer a set of tipping options as a percentage of the transaction’s total value.
- Enter an amount or percentage in each of the boxes.
- Select Save.
- Here's how you can add a tip to a transaction when a customer writes the tip amount on a printed receipt.
- You can also manage other Payment Settings.
- Learn more about processing payments on a Poynt Smart Terminal.
- Learn more about processing a credit card transaction with Poynt Card Reader.