Adjust tip settings for GoDaddy Payments
You can give your customers the option to add a tip to their order during in-person transactions. After a customer has swiped their card, they'll be given the option to select one of 3 customized tipping options or enter their own tip amount.
If this is your first time enabling tips, you'll be guided through a series of questions to optimize the settings for your business. Afterwards, you can view and customize your settings whenever you'd like.
- Go to the Dashboard where you manage your Payments account (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Settings, then Tips.
- Turn on the Ask for Tips option.
- Select which types of tips you want to enable.
- Use Smart Tips to set three tip options based on the amount of the order - above or below $10.00.
- Use Custom Tips to set three tip options that always appear, regardless of order amount.
- Set your tip amounts.
- Select Amount ($) to offer a set of tipping options in dollar amounts.
- Select Percentage (%) to offer a set of tipping options as a percentage of the transaction’s total value.
- Enter an amount or percentage in each of the boxes.
- Select Save.
- Here's how you can add a tip to a transaction when a customer writes the tip amount on a printed receipt.
- You can also manage other Payment Settings.
- Learn more about processing payments on a Poynt Smart Terminal.
- Learn more about processing a credit card transaction with Poynt Card Reader.