Approve a transfer away from GoDaddy
You might be able to complete your domain transfer away from GoDaddy faster by approving it. We'll automatically approve your transfer within five days after the transfer starts, unless you cancel the transfer. Canceling the transfer means it will not be moved to another registrar and will remain in your GoDaddy account.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Transfers Page. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select Transfers Out under Transfers.
- Check the box next to the domain(s) you want to approve. Or, select the check mark icon and Select All
- Select Approve Transfer to approve the transfer, or Cancel Transfer to cancel the transfer.
You'll see a confirmation that your changes were accepted. Your transfer away from GoDaddy should now complete within 15-30 minutes, depending on your new registrar.
- Check the status of your domain transfers, or learn more about transfer statuses.
- Some country code domain names have special requirements for approving a transfer away from GoDaddy.
- Migrate your WordPress site and Microsoft 365 to GoDaddy to manage your online presence in a single account.
- Use two-step verification to protect your entire GoDaddy account.