Run a tips report
A tips report shows you information about all tips applied to transactions through GoDaddy Payments during the reporting period. You can generate a tips report through the Dashboard in your web browser or on your Poynt Smart Terminal.
Tips reports include a summary of all tips by payment method, and a breakdown of all tips by store location, payment channel, employee that processed the transaction and POS device where the transaction was processed.
- Go to the Dashboard where you manage your GoDaddy Payments account (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Reports.
- If prompted, select Tips Report under Payments.
- In the Type dropdown menu, select Tips report.
- In the To and From fields, specify the date range for the report.
- Select Generate to pull your report. (This can take a few minutes.)
- You'll receive an email notification when the report is ready. Select the link in the email to return to Reports. The report will appear below your filter selections.
- Select the report to review a summary and breakdown of transactions during the selected time period. You can also adjust the report format, depending on how you want to use the data:
- To download the report in Excel, select Excel. You can filter the report data in Excel by different variables (for example, orders processed by a specific employee).
- To download the report in PDF format, select PDF (if available).
- Use the filters above the report list to locate a previously generated report based on the report type, employee who ran the report and/or the date the report was generated.
- From your Smart Terminal home screen, tap Settlements or Deposit.
- Tap Reports in the lower-right corner.
- Tap Generate Report.
- In the Type dropdown menu, tap Tips.
- In the Start date and End date fields, specify the date range for the report.
- In the Employee field, tap a specific employee. Or – leave the field as All employees to run a complete report of every transaction in that date range.
- Tap Generate to pull your report.
- When the report is ready, it will appear on your Smart Terminal screen. Tap View to open and review it.
Note: Reports created on the Smart Terminal will also display in your web browser Dashboard under Reports. Access them in your web browser to download a PDF or Excel version of the report.
The tips report includes an overall summary of the tip amount by payment method at the top, followed by a breakdown of tips received by store location, payment channel, employee and POS device where the transaction was processed.
When the report is exported to Excel, each section displays as a tab in the Excel sheet.
Check out the example report below to get an idea of the type of info that's included.
- Location: The POS devices and locations included in the report.
- Timeframe: The report timeframe and the date the report was generated.
- Summary: The net total amount of tips collected and transaction amounts for this timeframe, broken down by payment method (credit, debit or cash).
- Breakdown: The rest of the report includes a breakdown of the tip amounts received per store location, sales channel, employee and POS device serial number. Breakdowns also include an average tip percentage based off the transaction totals.