Set up social ads
Social ads help you spread the word about your business or products to a specific audience targeted by age, gender and location. Facebook ads are different than boosted posts. When you buy social ads, you pay for them through your Meta ad account. Read the Meta Advertising Policies before creating an ad.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your site.
- From your Dashboard, select Marketing, and then Digital Ads.
- If you haven't already, connect your site to Facebook. Read more about how your GoDaddy and Facebook Business Manager accounts work and basic troubleshooting tips.
- Select Create Ad.
- Select Facebook & Instagram Ad.
- Choose what you want to promote in your ad: Your website, one of your products, or your online store.
- Follow the steps to choose where you want the ad to run, the ad's content, and who you want to see your ad. You will also choose how much you want to spend over how many days.
Note: Since you pay Meta for ads and boosted posts, your Meta payment method is separate from payments you have set up with GoDaddy.
- Select Grant Access to allow Facebook to complete payment.
- Select Set up if this is your first time or use the Edit pencil if you want to change an existing Facebook payment.
- When you're finished, select Launch My Ad.
And you're all set! Meta reviews every ad to make sure it meets their advertising guidelines. After it's approved, your ad will start showing up for your targeted audience.
- You may be prompted to enable two-factor authentication on your Facebook page. This is a measure required by Facebook to protect your business.
- If you need help troubleshooting or want to learn more about how GoDaddy interacts with your Facebook account, Business Manager and Ads Manager, read Understanding Facebook boosted posts and ads.
- Instead of running an ad, try boosting a post on Facebook after you create a social media post.