Your .de domain inspires trust
Three ways to use your domain
Helpful tips for online success
How to find the perfect domain name
With your domain, you secure an exclusive place on the Internet and give your business a global presence. The name you choose should be considered very carefully as it's extremely important to the success of your online business. Here are a some basic recommendations:
- Find a name that's as short and memorable as possible.
- Avoid numbers and dashes as they are often misunderstood.
- Make sure your web address is not easily confused with another, as this could lead to copyright problems.
- Choose a simple spelling that makes typing easier.
- Think about purchasing additional domains to redirect any misspellings of your company name to your website.
- If your company has a long name, we recommend you register additional .de domains with short forms or abbreviations.
Consider what you want your web address to say – why not ask a few of your friends which of your domain name ideas they can understand and find best? Once you’ve registered and published your domain, it isn’t advisable to change it.
For example, imagine if you changed your domain name - it would take a while for all your friends, relatives, acquaintances and customers to learn this information and remember it. That’s why product and brand names are changed only rarely and after much consideration.
Get that perfect domain name
You've found the name of your dreams. Now secure it as soon as possible because until you do, someone could beat you to it.
If your ideal .de domain gets registered by someone else, there's no chance of registering it a second time as every web address is unique. Sure, it may become available at some point when the current owner no longer wants it. But that could be a very long wait. Years, even. No, you definitely want your name online today.
How domain registration works
- Type your desired domain into the ‘Domain Check’ field at the top of this page.
- Select ‘Click & Check’. You will receive an answer immediately.
- If your desired domain is available, add it to the shopping cart right away.
- If your desired domain is taken, GoDaddy will suggest similar domains that are available. From this list, you may also find other domain extensions that you could use as an alternative.
- Once you have decided on a domain and added it to the shopping cart, simply click on the link to proceed to the payment process.
- Login to your existing GoDaddy account or create a new account as a new customer. It's simple to do.
- By selecting ‘Complete Purchase’ you've done everything needed to secure your domain. We will now take care of the registration and get back to you as soon as possible. Congratulations!