Easily add and edit content blocks.
Change your look with 1 click.
Create an online store in minutes.
One dashboard to manage everything.
Build the ultimate online shopping experience.
Reach and grow your audience.
Why should I have a website?By creating a website, you’re building an online presence. Whether you’re making a basic website with contact information for your small business, creating a portfolio for your freelance work or simply want a space to blog about your thoughts on food, having a website will help you share who you are and what you do with the right audience.
What is GoDaddy Website Builder?
GoDaddy’s website builder, formally called Websites + Marketing, is an online editing and publishing tool that helps you make a responsive website with no technical knowledge required.
How to create a website with GoDaddy’s Website Builder:
1. Create a GoDaddy account.
2. Pick a design and use the drag-and-drop editor to add your own images and text or create a contact form. You can make your website as simple or complex as you’d like.
3. Publish your website.
4. Expand your website as you grow. You can add a full online store complete with product listings, coupons, shopping cart, shipping and multiple payment options.
What is GoCentral website builder?GoCentral is the former name of GoDaddy’s website builder product, now called Websites + Marketing. It’s an all-in-one website builder that comes with integrated marketing tools to grow your business. It offers hundreds of designer-made templates to choose from, or you can type an industry directly into the builder to receive a relevant, pre-populated template to customize.
Is my website really free?Yep. You’ll never be charged for our free website plan. If you choose to upgrade to a paid plan with premium features, you won't lose the work you’ve already done to your free site. You can upgrade your plan in the My Products section of your account or with the help of a GoDaddy Guide. See Website Builder plans and pricing to find one that suits your needs.
Can I customize my website?Absolutely. Add or edit sections — like image galleries, price lists, menus, scrollable content blocks and YouTube or Vimeo videos — to customize your website to your business needs. Every section in your website is customizable, from the name of the page, to your website’s navigation bar. You’ll also have the ability to change text, colors, styles and font. Our website builder allows you to switch back and forth between mobile and desktop layouts so you can create a website that allows visitors to comfortably view and use your website from any device.
Can I add a shopping cart to my website?Yes. With a free website plan, you’ll be able to set up your online store and accept PayPal payments. For a full-featured online store with advanced payment options, various shipping methods and increased functionality, you’ll need to upgrade to the Ecommerce plan. Once you’ve upgraded, you can accept orders and build the ultimate shopping experience with features like Apple Pay, highlighted product sections and promotional coupons. Learn more about Online Store.
Can I connect a custom domain to my free website?No. All websites created with the free plan will have a url like "www.yoursitenamehere.godaddysites.com." If you want to connect a custom domain to your site, you will need to upgrade to a paid plan.
Does GoDaddy Website Builder include an SSL certificate?Yes. In all plans, any data transmitted from your site will be encrypted using a SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate. This means that all data will be kept private; which is important if you want to keep your site visitors safe. If you sell products or services in your store, an SSL will protect credit card and bank numbers from being intercepted by hackers.
Can I connect my social media and website?Yes. GoDaddy Website Builder can act as your online hub. The option to link to your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube on your website gives you an advantage in communicating with your visitors. By centrally locating all the links in one place – your new website – you’re giving your online visitors a seamless experience.
Are SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tools included with Website Builder?Select Website Builder plans come with built-in SEO tools to help your website show up in search engines like Google. In Website Builder, you’ll find the SEO Wizard, a step-by-step guide that provides suggestions on how to optimize each page of your website by adding relevant keywords and descriptions.
What is GoDaddy InSight?
GoDaddy InSight is designed to help you improve your online presence by providing you with performance metrics and advice on how to improve them. GoDaddy InSight powers a central dashboard where you’ll find your:
GoDaddy InSight Score, which is an assessment of how you're doing across your website, social media and marketing activities.
GoDaddy InSight Metrics, which offer details about your website activity, and social sites including Google, Facebook and Instagram. Plus, the ability to respond to reviews from one place.
GoDaddy InSight Action Plans, which give recommendations on what to do next to improve your online performance.
How do I start selling online?
You can design your online store and use a PayPal button on it for free, but if you want to accept orders and other payment types, you’ll need to purchase the Ecommerce plan.
To get your full-featured online store up and running right now, here’s what you do:
- Click any of the Start for Free buttons on this page.
- Take a few seconds to create an account so we can save your work.
- When prompted, select your industry and name your site.
- Click View Plans in the banner at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose and purchase the Ecommerce plan to start using your store.
Third-party logos and marks are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
* The Free Website service is a free version of the Websites + Marketing service and will renew on a monthly basis without charging you. Not all features available in the Websites + Marketing service are included in the Free Website service. Should you choose to add additional Websites + Marketing features or services to your Free Website service it will convert to a paid plan which will automatically renew at the then-current renewal price with no further action from you, until cancelled. You may cancel the automatic renewal of the free service or the converted paid plan at any time by visiting your account and turning off the auto-renewal feature (“cancel renewal”), or by contacting customer service. If you choose to cancel Free Website service, any content or data you have entered into the service will only be retained for 60 days from the date of cancellation for customers with billing addresses in non-GDPR countries or 30 days from the date of cancellation for customers with billing addresses in GDPR countries. In addition, GoDaddy reserves the right to deactivate a site if it is inactive for over a year, which means the site has had no traffic and/or no customer logins, or at GoDaddy's sole discretion. Customer support may be limited for this Free Service and may be modified at GoDaddy's sole discretion at any time.