cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Business Directory Listing Cannot be Taken Down

So there is an old business directory with godaddy 'get found' online. The business doesn't remember or have any record of setting this up with godaddy. No billing records or ANYTHING.  In their attempt to retrieve the account godaddy has said that it requires an email to be able to gain access to this account. We've tried EVERY email address tied to the business and no account exists under that email. Godaddy basically said without that, this 'old' information of 'their' business cannot be accessed and changed. I even suggested if we fax them with company letter head (which is usually acceptable with domain name type changes) to prove they are the owners of that information but this still was not possible.

I 'm asking now, if payment is stopped for get found, will these directory listings be removed? or will this simply still exist but not taken down. Meaning if a business no longer has a go daddy account linked to it they would not be able to remove it.

This is frustrating to say the least....to have business information online that CANNOT be changed. This would mean that a competitor could essentially create a directory listing, post false info, and the actual owners would have no way of telling godaddy to take it down because 'they' didn't access the godaddy account that set it up??!??! 

Anyone with advice would be much appreciated!

I'm still on chat with godaddy about this right this moment...one hour later. Lets hope I can get help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Business Directory Listing Cannot be Taken Down

Hi @iiswansongii. Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you had difficulty with this. It sounds like there is an existing Get Found (formerly Locu) page for the business that you'd like removed. Just because a page exists, does not mean that it's tied to a GoDaddy account. Essentially, in order to take down such a site, we just need to verify that the person contacting us represents the business in the listing. Being in control of the domain listed on the page is just one of the options. Usually, if a telephone number is listed, calling from that number also works. Alternatively, if neither of those is possible, then providing a business license should also work. I'm sorry if you weren't given those options. It sounds like the agent didn't understand the above process, and I apologize for that. I'd suggest giving support another chance. They just need to work with our advanced support team to make this happen.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @iiswansongii. Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you had difficulty with this. It sounds like there is an existing Get Found (formerly Locu) page for the business that you'd like removed. Just because a page exists, does not mean that it's tied to a GoDaddy account. Essentially, in order to take down such a site, we just need to verify that the person contacting us represents the business in the listing. Being in control of the domain listed on the page is just one of the options. Usually, if a telephone number is listed, calling from that number also works. Alternatively, if neither of those is possible, then providing a business license should also work. I'm sorry if you weren't given those options. It sounds like the agent didn't understand the above process, and I apologize for that. I'd suggest giving support another chance. They just need to work with our advanced support team to make this happen.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Wow thank you. You have no idea how much this has helped. The techs even said they were helpless to help me so that was the reason I posted and I'm sure glad you were there to help let me know this. Thank you!!!