cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transferring account management

Hello,

We recently had some changing in our staff and I took over out account management. The old GoDaddy account manager is no longer with our company. The login information is set up with 2 step verification to his phone and everything is still set up with his information. How am I able to update the information to mine and change the phone number to regain access to our account? I tried the process to cancel 2 step verification https://www.godaddy.com/help/cancel-two-step-verification-7628 but was denied because I am not the name on the account. It is still set up with his information.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Transferring account management

@MCKscope 

In order to take back control of the account, go to changeupdate.com, fill out the information, and submit it. Once reviewed, GoDaddy will contact you for further information or give you access to the account.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you, I will try that route. What all is it asking for when is says business documentation?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @MCKscope. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! To clarify, the changeupdate.com website is for changing the email address on file for an account. To request two-step verification be removed, you need to send a request using the steps in this article using the email address on file for the account. If you don't have access to the email address on file in the account, then you would need to use the changeupdate.com form to request the email on file be changed. For more information on that process, please see this article. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.