Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair cancellation process

I had my domain set to auto-renewal. The domain got renewed for 2 years on 23/11/2018. I haven't been using the domain for the last 2 years and I do not intend to use it in the future. When I called the customer care service to get it cancelled and refunded, I was told I was in the 6th day and cancellation was only permitted until 5 days. I find this to be totally unfair on GoDaddy's part. The normal cancellation policy for any product or service is between 7 and 14 days. I am surprised with the 5 day rule set by godaddy.

- A very unhappy customer

2 REPLIES 2
Nate
Super User II

Most domains have a 5 day refund policy, this is set by the independent registries that control the domains.

Most of the internal products at Go Daddy have a 30 day refund policy.

https://www.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc?pageid=19963&prog_id=PROG_ID

JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @anushreepb. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It's true that multi-year domain renewals have a different refund policy than other products. This is due to the grace period that the domain registry allows for cancellation of a registration. For a single year, it is often more lenient. However, for anything more than one year, the grace period changes. I know that this information doesn't really help your situation, but I thought it would be good if you had an explanation. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.