• Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted
    New

Could use your opinions on the website for my church !!!

Created a site for my church....for the first time....and wondered if the family here can maybe take a stroll through it and let me know if there are any suggestions you have to improve it. I think it may look nice, just now sure if there is more out there that I don't know about, that maybe I could utilize to make is better for all. 

Thanks !!!

https://stpetersfrankfort.org/

1 REPLY 1
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: Could use your opinions on the website for my church !!!

@ErnieR

You've done a great job -- I can tell you've worked very hard on your site!  Just a couple suggestions...

=> On several pages you have email addresses displayed that are clickable.  Those addresses will be farmed by bots and those folk's spam will increase exponentially!   It is better to have a contact form to avoid that.  Or, ASCII the addresses in the code so bots can't pick them up.

=> There are paragraph breaks missing in a lot of the content.  And some of the content is in big blocks which makes it look difficult to read (onliners tend to scan).   You want to have a extra blank line between paragraphs to visually break them up.   When it comes to reading online, short paragraphs (2-3 sentences each) works best.  So you'll want to go through your content and add lines between paragraphs and in some cases additional paragraph breaks.

=> Not sure why God's Images Outdoor Services & Picnic are at the bottom of every page.  They seem out of place.  I would add those to the top menu.   Footer menus are generally used for a handful of the most looked for items.  In your case I would have Contact, Calendar, Services, Ministries.  And the copyright notice should be the very last thing on the page.

=> Not a fan of the black background and white text. If you notice most sites have text on a light background.  Colors matter because of how they make folks feel.   When I think of St. Peter or Christ I think of light, hope and joy (like your homepage graphic).  The current colors are the opposite of that.  I would consider going with a light color background and more uplifting color palette.   You can sample colors from your homepage graphic or create your own color palette here.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison