• Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Help with optimization and web site set up

Hello, I am hoping to get some help with my web site. I have had it since November and have gotten a few sales, mostly from friends that I send to it. I have no idea of what I need to do. I have been looking through the forums for answers. If someone could check out my web site and give me some pointers on how to get more traffic that would be great. I have tried to optimize all my pages, but can only get 2 of 100 pages done. I am also confused on titles and tags and what google uses to find me. 

My website address is 

www.dawnscraftycreations.com

Thanks so much 

2 REPLIES 2
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Help with optimization and web site set up

Hi @dclements8130. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! 

I moved your post to the Supersize Your Website board to hopefully get you some more visibility with folks that can answer your question. Hope you're able to get all the traffic you want!

It looks like you have an Online Store website. If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest using the built-in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) feature that should be in your Site Settings. You can also customize each product to have a title and description, which should also help with SEO. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: Help with optimization and web site set up

@dclements8130

You are off to a good start! Smiley Wink  After a quick look-see...

=> Custom T-Shirts are a very saturated market online.  A search for "custom t-shirts" on Google produces: About 41,700,000 results.  So you are going to have to think of a way to be more than just a custom t-shirt and sign store.  You can do this with graphics, adding a blog, showing your personality!  Your products do have personality -- use that to your advantage and build on that!  The reality is that new stores especially those in saturated markets cannot plan on hitting the top page or top pages for that matter on Google for some time -- if ever.

=> Titles are what Google, in part, will use to determine what each product page is about.  You still need to write great descriptions that your keyword research shows are also terms folks might use to find your products.  The more details -- and personality -- the better!

=> Tags are an additional way to organize your products to further.  Tags in your store could be occasions (birthday, baby shower) and/or product details (long sleeve, short sleeve).  Tags allow customers to drill down further to find what they want.

=>  Add a FAQ that covers every possible question a customer may have.  Also include shipping, order and return policy information.  That needs to be up front and center and in your top navigation.  Right now you don't know shipping until you get to the end of the process.  That's a recipe for abandoned carts.

=> You have 444 followers on Facebook  -- work them!  By posting great images and being creative you can begin to grow awareness of your own site.

=> Have a My Story page where you share why you are doing what you are doing and the passion behind it.  Share how you started, what your plans are -- all in the first person.  Include a little personal info and some personal photos of yourself to humanize the person behind the store.  Folks like doing business with folks they like!

eCommerce is not a build it and they will come.  You have to work it, be unique, offer value and tell your story to build your brand.  The one thing that is unique and different than all the others is YOU! That takes a lot of time, work and writing (a blog showing you developing creations, packaging orders, interviews or videos with customers).

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison