cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

About OFFER/COUNTER-OFFER

Hello! I am new and i was wondering how the offer/counter-offer actually works..

I understand that i set a minium offer for the buyer and then he can make an offer for my domain. After that i can accept his offer or COUNTER OFFER him. Now comes what i have in mind: If i choose to COUNTER OFFER,  i should demand the number that i am willing to sell the domain for? For example if the minimum bid is 50$ and i'd like to get 1000$ for my domain, and he places an offer at 100$ , i counter offer him with my 1000$ , or counter offer with a lower price? What about if i don't know what price to ask and just want to see the offers? What counter offer should i consider to give him? Hope you understand what I am asking!

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

Re: About OFFER/COUNTER-OFFER

@imAlex You'll always want to counter for what you want to sell the domain for. If the minimum offer is set at $50 then the bulk of offers that you receive will be $50. Typically I set my minimum offers to at least 50% of the amount that I want to sell the domain for.

---

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@imAlex 

Honestly, I believe that the question would be better answered by a GoDaddy Guide. I would contact their phone support or live chat and pose your questions to them there. This gets into the weeds of what the product is capable of and would be better explained by one of them.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @imAlex. I'm not sure how to advise you, but you can find more information on the offer/counter offer method on this help article and its associated links. @justingodfrey may also have some good advice. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II
Solution

@imAlex You'll always want to counter for what you want to sell the domain for. If the minimum offer is set at $50 then the bulk of offers that you receive will be $50. Typically I set my minimum offers to at least 50% of the amount that I want to sell the domain for.

---

View solution in original post