cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

.CO.ZA Domain Transfer

I requested and paid for a '.co.za' domain transfer to GoDaddy yesterday ... And all I get is:

Processing Transfer.

Recommended Action:

We're verifying your domain information. Please check back in a few minutes.

Having to explain to my bosses why this is happening, after I sold GoDaddy to them (telling them that GoDaddy is the best), is rather an embarrassing task, needless to say ...

10 REPLIES 10
Super User II
Super User II

Re: .CO.ZA Domain Transfer

@ChernicSA wrote:

I requested and paid for a '.co.za' domain transfer to GoDaddy yesterday ... And all I get is:

Processing Transfer.

Recommended Action:

We're verifying your domain information. Please check back in a few minutes.

Having to explain to my bosses why this is happening, after I sold GoDaddy to them (telling them that GoDaddy is the best), is rather an embarrassing task, needless to say ...

@ChernicSA it seems your losing registrar still has to send the authorization email to the admin email contact. Has this happened yet? If not, the issue isn't with Godaddy, it's with your losing registrar.

---

@justingodfrey, I am in contact with the 'losing registrar' and they have received nothing yet either.

Super User II
Super User II

@ChernicSA wrote:

@justingodfrey, I am in contact with the 'losing registrar' and they have received nothing yet either.

@ChernicSA Please note that the transfer procedure of a .co.za domain name is much different than a .com domain. Below is the procedure:

The transfer-away process is unique for .CO.ZA. An authorization code is not needed to transfer, nor does the domain need to be unlocked. 

In order to transfer, you must first request the transfer with the new registrar, which will trigger an e-mail voting procedure. An e-mail will be sent from the registry (ZADNA) to each Whois contact (Owner, Admin, Tech, and Billing).

At least one party has to APPROVE for a successful transfer. The transfer will fail if at least one party denies the transfer, and if there are NO votes received (APPROVE or DENY), the domain will not be transferred. If a party doesn´t vote, the vote will be disregarded.

If the transfer is not accepted in 5 days, the .CO.ZA transfer will fail.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/about-coza-domains-8811#3

----

@justingodfrey, so does GoDaddy then 'trigger' an email voting procedure? And if so, who gets those/that email? And when will this happen, more or less?

Super User II
Super User II

@ChernicSA wrote:

@justingodfrey, so does GoDaddy then 'trigger' an email voting procedure? And if so, who gets those/that email? And when will this happen, more or less?

@ChernicSA When did you initiate the transfer? Per the instructions, it states that Godaddy will initiate the voting procedure

@justingodfrey, applied and paid for the transfer yesterday morning ...

Super User II
Super User II

@ChernicSA wrote:

@justingodfrey, applied and paid for the transfer yesterday morning ...

@ChernicSA Hi there, that's all I can really tell you at this point, the instructions do not indicate how long it takes to trigger the verification voting emails. I do not work for Godaddy nor have I ever registered/transferred a .co.za domain, I would assume there is nothing else you need to do until the email has been sent.

---

@justingodfrey, thank you very much for your time and trying to assist me ... it is greatly appreciated ...

Solution

@justingodfrey I thought I would just post an update here ... my co.za is finally ready for me to use ... This has been a learning experience for me ... my .club transfer happened within 24 hours ... the .co.za took a lot longer, but I have it now and can begin with my new site ...

Thank you for taking time out to assist me.

Not sure how to 'close' this thread and mark it 'resolved'??

Super User II
Super User II

@ChernicSA wrote:

@justingodfrey I thought I would just post an update here ... my co.za is finally ready for me to use ... This has been a learning experience for me ... my .club transfer happened within 24 hours ... the .co.za took a lot longer, but I have it now and can begin with my new site ...

Thank you for taking time out to assist me.

Not sure how to 'close' this thread and mark it 'resolved'??

@ChernicSA Thanks for following up. I think the issue is with the central registries for each domain. Each domain extension is typically run by a different central registry which sets up the time frames for transfers, etc. I think it has more to do with them than it does with a gaining or losing registrar.

---