cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Transfer Expired Domain

Hi,

I logged into GoDaddy today and noticed that my domain expired in December, after being set to auto-renewal. The reason why it didn't renew was because I had my debit card stolen and foolishly I'd forgotten to update my billing details in GoDaddy.

So far, I haven't enjoyed my experience with GoDaddy, and if possible, I would like to transfer the domain to a different provider, without paying for a renewal. Currently it seems that the domain is still registered to me, and hence I cannot purchase it from another provider. I've tried to follow the normal domain transfer method, however I'm not given the same options as the tutorials.

I really don't want to pay for another renewal, as a) I want to save money b) I don't want the domain to be barred for 60 days before I can transfer it out to another provider.

Is there any way of transferring the site out without paying further fees?

Thanks 🙂

*I've included some pictures to show you how my settings seem to differ from other people. There's definitely no option to transfer like in tutorials...

1.PNG2.png

1 REPLY 1
Rockstar II

@Vorex wrote:

Hi,

I logged into GoDaddy today and noticed that my domain expired in December, after being set to auto-renewal. The reason why it didn't renew was because I had my debit card stolen and foolishly I'd forgotten to update my billing details in GoDaddy.

So far, I haven't enjoyed my experience with GoDaddy, and if possible, I would like to transfer the domain to a different provider, without paying for a renewal. Currently it seems that the domain is still registered to me, and hence I cannot purchase it from another provider. I've tried to follow the normal domain transfer method, however I'm not given the same options as the tutorials.

I really don't want to pay for another renewal, as a) I want to save money b) I don't want the domain to be barred for 60 days before I can transfer it out to another provider.

Is there any way of transferring the site out without paying further fees?

Thanks 🙂

*I've included some pictures to show you how my settings seem to differ from other people. There's definitely no option to transfer like in tutorials...

1.PNG2.png

@Vorex Unfortunately not, the domain name is already well past expiration which is why you're only given the "recover domain" option, the recovery fee is usually around $80. If you wish to ensure that you'll get the domain back you'll have to recover it.

---