cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

transfering domain from mrsite and web email

hi there. im currently mid way transferring my domain from mr site ( who have given 30 days notice that they are shutting down!)  to go daddy and i have the website ready to go as soon as its transfered. I also have  a web based email that mrsite provide. Ive forwarded all the important emails i want to keep to a backup, but i want to make sure i keep my email address.  which is mail@(my domain name)  should i be able to do this easily using the go daddy email service?  im not worried about transferring old emails and contacts. as long as my customers can still email me using my current address .  thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@motabike 

That should work fine then

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Super User IV

@motabike 

If you have purchased a cPanel server from GoDaddy and configure your DNS the MX record to the server you should be fine. Just to state - you will need to configure the email account on the server as well.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

forgive me but c panel? i've purchased a 12 month sub for my new website
from go daddy so is that it?

dns to mx? how do i do that? is there a tutorial somewhere?

thanks in advance

@motabike 

1) Domain and hosting are 2 different things - If you purchased a domain transfer which extensions your registration for a year, that is just your domain, you still need to purchase hosting.

2) Assuming you have purchased a hosting account this should be in your GoDaddy account panel under web hosting

If you would like to post a screen capture of your account I can confirm and give you the next steps.

i have bought and paid  ( 12 m sub ) for a godaddy  website that is all up and running with  the  godaddysitesdomain.com . I have paid to transfer my domain name to godaddy for 2 years so im assuming  that once the domain transfer is complete i can just  connect it to the website i have built here.  ive not done anything with hosting. under my products it just say website +marketing websites and then lists the website ive bought.  My domain is still awaiting transfer  and should be available by the end of this week hopefully

@motabike 

So the Websites + Marketing Product does not include email with it. You have some options as it comes to email - You can get a cPanel account and put the email there, you can get Office 365 or Google Suite - You can also look at ZohoMail or MXRoute

yeah i saw that it does not include email , but for £2.49  a month  i saw i can add the go daddy email essentials that im hoping i can link to my domain once it is transfered here?  so i can retain my current business email adress

@motabike 

That should work fine then

View solution in original post

New

I have the same problem with Mr site. You mentioned you have developed you website already. How did you do it? Did you transfer the files from Mr site?

@Gd99 my website was pretty simple so most of it was just a copy and paste
exercise creating a new site. then i had to transfer the domain .. which
takes about a week and is pretty easy to do once you figure it out. I
backed up all my important emails by forwarding them to a back up gmail
account and then once the domain was transferred i just bought the go
daddy email and set it up with the same email address and it works fine.
If you get stuck i think go daddy have a team that will help you transfer
it all