Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    snakej444
    Getting Started

How to upload files to my site using ASP

What components or methods does Godaddy support for doing file uploads from my website?

7 REPLIES 7
    mdwpsyd
    Helper II

You can use FTP, but I find it easiest to use Upload file in CPanel. 

If you are not familiar with those terms, just let us know and we can explain further. 

All the Best,

mark

Mark D Worthen PsyD
    Clinical-Forensic Psychology

I have an admin part of my website that is used by a non developer.  I want it to be easy for them to upload pdf files that are then available for download from our public site.  I used ASP Upload before moving from classic hosting to deluxe hosting but now my upload page doesn't work any longer.  I am just wondering if ASP Upload component is not available on Deluxe hosting?  or is something else available?

Just figured out that in my code I am trying to get the pathname of folder where file is saved and I'm not getting pathname I would expect.  Path returned is: G:\PleskVhosts\bowlcolumbus.org\bowlcolumbus.org\docs

Here is asp code that blows up when trying to use path that is returned:

<%
    dim fs, myFile

myFile = Request("FileName")
    sPP = Server.mapPath("\docs")
    Set fs=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    'fs.CreateTextFile("c:\test.txt",True)
    if fs.FileExists(sPP & "\" & myFile) then
    fs.DeleteFile (sPP & "\" & myFile)
    end if
    set fs=nothing

Response.Redirect("Tournaments.asp")
    %>

Did you ever find a solution for this?

I am also stuck on the same issue. I called GoDaddy support and they can't officially recommend anything but the guy basically said ASPUpload was a good direction. I can't find any posted examples of a working solution. Did you ever get it working? If so can you please share with the community. Many of us would appreciate it. I have followed the posted steps to determine the path to the directory I created and set read permissions to it. Hooking up the ASPUpload is the part not well posted online.

futechksa
    New

Hello,

I wanted to upload files using file browser in ASP and would like to save on server path. 

I have tried ASP Upload component but its giving error on Delux plan. 

Tried with customer support, everyone say different on everyday.

Check my code below. Is there any specific tool/component or way to upload file on PLeask servers ?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Set Upload = Server.CreateObject("Persits.Upload")
    Upload.Save "G:\PleskVhosts\shabab.sa\httpdocs\App_Data"

For Each Item in Upload.Form
    If Item.Name = "SessionID" then
    SessionID = Item.Value
    End If
    Next

I am making a website with asp.net 4.0  . I want to upload file into a folder . I have tried so many times but of no use . Please suggest what I can do for this . My problem is that image should be posted to SQL database as well as my flder . Please suggest .