• GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    samshltn
    New

I have been bestowed '100' for something called 'InSight™'. But what does that mean?

First of all: Yes. I accept your congratulations. Thank you. 

I'd like to thank GoDaddy, without whom this would not have been possible. And my husband, Dominic, who has put up with me boasting about my InSight™ score of 100 for nearly a week now. 

But, to quote Dom: "What does it even actually mean for frog's sake?"

"Surely it's just the sales staff at GoDaddy blowing internet smoke up your arse.", he went on, cruelly, "It's just mutual self-congratulatory nonsense."

"No,", I defended my real and actual award, "InSight™ is a real thing. It's actually calculated by genuine boffins using clever maths and [removed]."

...And that is where I got a bit unstuck. Because there were further questions. What's the formula? Are all websites evaluated equally? What is www.google.com 's InSight™ score? What is www.godaddy.com 's InSight™ score?! What are 100 InSight™ points worth in AirMiles?

So here I am. I mean, I assume it's the number of visitors my site has had, divided by the excellence of my content, multiplied by the size of my ego. But I need something more concrete. 

Can someone hook me up, and - crucially - prove that my extravagantly boozy self-awarding ceremony last Friday was entirely justified?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Muse
    Super User 2020

@samshltn 

All I could find was this...

What is GoDaddy InSight?

GoDaddy InSight is designed to help you improve your online presence by providing you with performance metrics and advice on how to improve them. 

GoDaddy InSight powers a central dashboard where you’ll find your:

=> GoDaddy InSight Score, which is an assessment of how you're doing across your website, social media and marketing activities.

=> GoDaddy InSight Metrics, which offer details about your website activity, and social sites including Google, Facebook and Instagram. Plus, the ability to respond to reviews from one place.

=> GoDaddy InSight Action Plans, which give recommendations on what to do next to improve your online performance.

I know this doesn't answer all your questions -- maybe someone from GD who "knows" more can pipe in.

BTW, love your sense of humor -- had me chuckling! 😉

Judith
    "No guts, no story." ~ Chris Brady

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Muse
    Super User 2020

@samshltn 

All I could find was this...

What is GoDaddy InSight?

GoDaddy InSight is designed to help you improve your online presence by providing you with performance metrics and advice on how to improve them. 

GoDaddy InSight powers a central dashboard where you’ll find your:

=> GoDaddy InSight Score, which is an assessment of how you're doing across your website, social media and marketing activities.

=> GoDaddy InSight Metrics, which offer details about your website activity, and social sites including Google, Facebook and Instagram. Plus, the ability to respond to reviews from one place.

=> GoDaddy InSight Action Plans, which give recommendations on what to do next to improve your online performance.

I know this doesn't answer all your questions -- maybe someone from GD who "knows" more can pipe in.

BTW, love your sense of humor -- had me chuckling! 😉

Judith
    "No guts, no story." ~ Chris Brady

View solution in original post

TLH

Hi @samshltn,

Welcome to the Community! Yes, it's entirely justified. The previous answer from @Muse is excellent in describing the InSight feature. It's feedback for your website, and it sounds like you're doing great. If you'd like to grab your popcorn for a brief presentation of this built-in Websites+Marketing feature, you can click here. "It's basically a success GPS".

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support
    webbuilder
    Getting Started

My insight score is 96 and 295 page views in 7 days! HOWEVER, problem with this score is it is counting my own visits designing my new site! I have statcounter installed tracking and only 5 visits as this is new site! So Insight is highly INACCURATE!