Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Renewal Discount Coupon

Is it typical for GoDaddy to send discount coupons after the fact when they cannot be used?  My domain auto renewed yesterday and about 40 minutes after receiving the receipt I received a coupon for 30% off of renewals.  I attempted to have the coupon applied to my purchase but was told that it could not be applied since the purchase had already been completed.  Seems like a scam and doesn't leave a very good taste.

2 REPLIES 2
    justingodfrey
    Rockstar II

@ousooner4623 wrote:

Is it typical for GoDaddy to send discount coupons after the fact when they cannot be used?  My domain auto renewed yesterday and about 40 minutes after receiving the receipt I received a coupon for 30% off of renewals.  I attempted to have the coupon applied to my purchase but was told that it could not be applied since the purchase had already been completed.  Seems like a scam and doesn't leave a very good taste.

@ousooner4623 You may want to read the fine print in the email, I've never once seen a coupon code that would work on any renewal, let alone a domain name renewal. Typically these are for new products only and are triggered after a purchase.

----

Both the subject line and body of the email stated it was a renewal offer. And when I spoke to customer service they never disputed that it was a renewal offer. Just seems odd to send someone a discount offer that can't be used or retroactively applied because of your own auto renewal system. I guess the only option to be able to use a renewal discount in the future is to turn off the auto renewal feature.