cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    hughieb
    New

Sound Cloud never works for me

I absolutely hate Sound Cloud. It never works on any audio files I want to add to my website. I imagine that there is some fee they are paying GoDaddy to be the dedicated source. I just want a simple "wav" add-on but I guess that's just too easy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    JesseW
    Community Manager

Hi @hughieb. Thanks for posting. I'm not sure why SoundCloud isn't working for you. I know it's used successfully by many customers. On their Uploading requirements page, WAV is listed as one of the file formats they suggest users utilize. 

I'm guessing that you want the ability for your users to listen to the files directly on your website. If so, the only other way that I know to do this with Websites + Marketing sites is to use an "audio" HTML element. That would look something like this:

<audio controls>
      <source src="/example.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">
    </audio>

The tricky thing about using this method is that you would need to have a way to host the audio file. In the code where you define the audio source (src="  ") you would need to link to where the file is hosted. You could use something like AWS or another service that has free tier for hosting files. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    JesseW
    Community Manager

Hi @hughieb. Thanks for posting. I'm not sure why SoundCloud isn't working for you. I know it's used successfully by many customers. On their Uploading requirements page, WAV is listed as one of the file formats they suggest users utilize. 

I'm guessing that you want the ability for your users to listen to the files directly on your website. If so, the only other way that I know to do this with Websites + Marketing sites is to use an "audio" HTML element. That would look something like this:

<audio controls>
      <source src="/example.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">
    </audio>

The tricky thing about using this method is that you would need to have a way to host the audio file. In the code where you define the audio source (src="  ") you would need to link to where the file is hosted. You could use something like AWS or another service that has free tier for hosting files. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post