• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Losing business over unbelievably slow managed Wordpress hosting

I am not a developer or even all that savvy, but I know a slow website when I see/use one. It takes 3 days for someone at GD to respond. I opened a ticket and purchased 10 credits so they could figure out why my website is taking 3-4 minutes to load or 3-4 minutes to load AND then getting an error message. I manage the website for a small non-profit. GD chat is a joke and when I have time to wait on hold for 45 minutes, tech support tells me I need to upgrade or gives the equivalent of the car mechanic shrug. We are losing business because people get halfway through the purchase process and it crashes. After they try this 3 or 4 times they give up. I have one credit left of the 10 that I purchased but am hanging onto it in case their next response is inconclusive. I am ready to move hosting, but I'm not sure how to do that or where to do. Does anyone have any SIMPLE solutions? Remember, I am not a developer and most of the lingo is Greek to me. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User IV

@BSOmarketing 

I am an end user like you, that said I have almost 200 sites on the managed WordPress platform and this is not typical of my experience with my sites.

That said... what is your domain? 

I will share that depending on the theme / plugins setup - it can take a little bit to load - I had one site taking about 35 seconds - but it shouldn't take minutes to load

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Super User IV

@BSOmarketing 

I am an end user like you, that said I have almost 200 sites on the managed WordPress platform and this is not typical of my experience with my sites.

That said... what is your domain? 

I will share that depending on the theme / plugins setup - it can take a little bit to load - I had one site taking about 35 seconds - but it shouldn't take minutes to load

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post