Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    2512DFW
    New

Lyrical Video Header Not Under Menu

WordPress 5.7 running Lyrical theme. Just upgraded WP yesterday. I was using the link to a YouTube video as the header image ... now the video shows only at the top of the page, pushing everything else down (video not under Title or menu). Also, YouTube video now shows with my You Tube username and "Copy Link" icon at top (I don't want either of these in the header). Theme says it recommends mp4 at 2400X1300. which I tried ... same result. How can I get this to work like it did before the "upgrade."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Muse
    Super User II

@2512DFW 

When a theme doesn't work after a WordPress update -- that could indicate a conflict of some sort.    Caused by your theme or a plugin.

1. You can try switching to the default WordPress Twenty Twenty-One and see if using a YouTube video creates the same thing.  If not, Lyrical has an issue with 5.7.  Then you would contact GoDaddy for help with their theme not working the same with 5.7.

2. If the problem persists, try disabling all plugins to see if that resolves the issue.  If it does, reactivate each plugin one-by-one to determine which is the problem child.  In that case find an alternative.

3. The last option if none of the above provides a solution, is to contact GoDaddy support for help with their theme.  Be sure to let them know that you went through the trouble-shooting steps above before contacting them to eliminate the possibility that what you are experiencing is due to a conflict.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Muse
    Super User II

@2512DFW 

When a theme doesn't work after a WordPress update -- that could indicate a conflict of some sort.    Caused by your theme or a plugin.

1. You can try switching to the default WordPress Twenty Twenty-One and see if using a YouTube video creates the same thing.  If not, Lyrical has an issue with 5.7.  Then you would contact GoDaddy for help with their theme not working the same with 5.7.

2. If the problem persists, try disabling all plugins to see if that resolves the issue.  If it does, reactivate each plugin one-by-one to determine which is the problem child.  In that case find an alternative.

3. The last option if none of the above provides a solution, is to contact GoDaddy support for help with their theme.  Be sure to let them know that you went through the trouble-shooting steps above before contacting them to eliminate the possibility that what you are experiencing is due to a conflict.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

View solution in original post