• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

SSL Install Godaddy Managed Hosting

So everywhere that I've looked so far I've read that SSL installation isn't possible on a Godaddy Managed Wordpress site unless you buy it through Godaddy, but I just can't imagine that not being possible. I've gone so far as to export the .sql from the server with plans to find a way to embed the credentials (if I could find the correct place to do that) and then re-upload the edited .sql to the server and replace the old one. I would have tried it if I could find an article or two explaining a few details but alas, no luck. Not to mention the cert would still be on my computer and not properly installed on the server. I'm about to just give up and buy the **bleep** SSL through Godaddy, I just don't think I should have to. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
    New

Re: SSL Install Godaddy Managed Hosting

I just bougt SSL from godaddy for 5.90 USD  from some afiliate link, its much cheaper option than price when you go directly.

New

Crap. Thank you but I already bit the bullet and bought it. I would really like to solve this problem for future reference though. 

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

@BamfD wrote:

So everywhere that I've looked so far I've read that SSL installation isn't possible on a Godaddy Managed Wordpress site unless you buy it through Godaddy, but I just can't imagine that not being possible...

Hey @BamfD. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Unfortunately, that is correct. It's not possible to install a 3rd party SSL Certificate on our Managed WordPress hosting platform currently. This is possible on our cPanel and Plesk Hosting, but not on Managed WordPress. Sorry. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.