Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    comment
    New

*Terrible* uptime for Godaddy site—thoughts?

So after some complaints, I've been using uptimerobot to track uptime of our managed WP site at GoDaddy. Our site is constantly getting 404 errors for the home page and entire site due to GoDaddy outages.

I track about half a dozen WP sites hosted at Hostgator, Siteground as well and they all have 99.99% uptime. On the other hand, this GoDaddy site has 90.9%—in other words nearly 10 percent of the time the site is inaccessible due to GoDaddy outages.

And no WP plugins are not the issue here. I run dozens of WordPress sites, and the site itself is not going down; the server is.

I've complained to GoDaddy and they can't seem to offer any suggestions or do anything about it. Furthermore, when I told them that they should upgrade to the newer version of PHP for their clients (which WP recommends for security) GoDaddy customer service said they are still "testing" version 7.4 which came out in 2019!

This service seems to be going the way of the dodo—so I'm curious - are other GoDaddy clients experiencing this? 

5 REPLIES 5
    PL281
    Super User IV

@comment 

As some that has had at various points over 100 sites on the Managed WordPress platform. I can tell you that I've seen this as well. I will also tell you that I've used betteruptime.com to compare and found that about 50% of the time that UptimeRobot claimed the site was down / timeout issue that BetterUptime showed the site fine - I do believe there is some sort of timeout issue - I'm not sure if this is due to caching or something else. I will also tell you that it goes in phases - I've had sites that have not had any issues for months and then all of the sudden I get for 2 or 3 weeks and then it is fine again.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

comment
    New

Thanks for your feedback. I don't think it's an error, since as I regularly use the site, I find it to be down. This literally never happens with my other sites at Hostgator and Siteground. GoDaddy actually did suggest the caching issue as a potential problem so they turned that off a few days ago. And then I found the site down again today with a 504 error! So again, this suggests a server issue... I'm not sure what GoDaddy thinks is going to happen to their customers when they figure this out. I mean a 10% downtime is not exactly a minor issue.

comment
    New

Here's a screenshot of the site right now - middle of the day on a Tuesday:

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 4.17.48 PM.png

comment
    New

And over 45 minutes later, it is still down. Error is now a 503 server error. Meanwhile GoDaddy's status says all systems go—if only. I'm officially giving up on trying to work on the site at all today.

You can be sure I'll be moving this site to a new host ASAP.

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 5.07.05 PM.png

diana310
    Getting Started

I have similar issues. Tried to update PHP, but keep getting a 404 error whenever I click on the link from here https://myh.godaddy.com/#/hosting/mwp/index as shown in the instructions.cqant access php settings.pngselect settings throws 404 error.png