• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Why should I pay for a restore when I paid for backups?

I was having backup for my site from last months for my site on godaddy. I was having backup so for creating new stagging site I by mistakenly deleted my production site. Worst thing was godaddy deleted all two months backup. SO my question is why the backup is there? What does mean backup? 

After that I reached to godaddy help and now they are asking for extra fees. I am not getting If the backup was already exists why they deleted it and and if they are having it why they are charging it? 

This is he worst experience I am having. Even I found godaddy help is not helpful.Can they understand how important the site is for us. They just asks money for everything. 

If I don't get backup within two days, I will not go with godaddy and will not suggest anyone. Its really worst thing I ever experience. I lost My all users and products. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User IV

@Krutika_N 

I am an end user like you. I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this and I'm guessing you are referring to the restore fee which I believe is usually $180.

As I understand what you were saying is that you are using Managed WordPress and created a staging site for development work, but then you removed / deleted the production site which removed the staging site and the backups for the production site.

Assuming that is all correct - The reason that GoDaddy can't just "restore" from the nightly backups is when you removed the production site, it removed all the backups from the system as well. So therefore what GoDaddy is charging you for is to retrieve a "system" back from their own internal backup system - separate from your individual site backup.

Think of this as one is an account level backup and one is a server level - they are restoring the server level one. This sort of backup is not uncommon.. The restoration fee is also not uncommon as this tends to be a manual process to restore the account.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Super User IV

@Krutika_N 

I am an end user like you. I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this and I'm guessing you are referring to the restore fee which I believe is usually $180.

As I understand what you were saying is that you are using Managed WordPress and created a staging site for development work, but then you removed / deleted the production site which removed the staging site and the backups for the production site.

Assuming that is all correct - The reason that GoDaddy can't just "restore" from the nightly backups is when you removed the production site, it removed all the backups from the system as well. So therefore what GoDaddy is charging you for is to retrieve a "system" back from their own internal backup system - separate from your individual site backup.

Think of this as one is an account level backup and one is a server level - they are restoring the server level one. This sort of backup is not uncommon.. The restoration fee is also not uncommon as this tends to be a manual process to restore the account.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post