• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Wordpress account basic

Hello,

I have signed up to a Managed WordPress Hosting account, which allows me to have 1 website. 
    After sometime i would like to replace this site with a new version. I can see there is a thing called staging website, however this does not seem to function for making new websites.

I decided to use FTP to upload a fresh wordpress, however i am stuck with database name and i cannot create new database on mysql or phpmyadmin. 

To summarise everything this Managed wordpress doesn't do me any good. Is it possible to move it to a regular linux hosting?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
    Resolver VII
    Resolver VII
    Solution

Re: Wordpress account basic

Hi there!

Yes, you should be able to move to Linux hosting. If you purchased the hosting within the last 30 days, you can call in, get a full refund, and purchase cPanel hosting which you may be more familiar with. If it's over 30 days, I would still give them a call because a lot of times, depending on the situation, they will allow you to get a partial refund as long as you then purchase another hosting product with said refund. That kind of depends on the situation and whether it's a business need to move to a different platform.

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community