cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
A123
New

Change and shorten my Domain Name?

I decided to change the name of the business and change the domain name. How can I do that please?

Thanks

Amy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Harryparmar
Helper V

You cannot change or rename a domain name once purchased. You must purchase a new domain name and cancel the old one.

Please give it a +1 and also mark this post as "Accepted Solution" if you feel you got the proper answer.

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Harryparmar
Helper V

You cannot change or rename a domain name once purchased. You must purchase a new domain name and cancel the old one.

Please give it a +1 and also mark this post as "Accepted Solution" if you feel you got the proper answer.

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar

View solution in original post

What if you renewed for 5 years? Will I have to wait until then to change it? 

No you don't have to wait 5 years.

What you will need to do is purchase a new domain name and use that. The other domain name will remain yours until the 5 year period has expired. During that time you can use it - or not - as you wish.