Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LuisDaCruz
Novice

Changing Primary Domain - "Pending Change"

I have a website in the following domain: drdacruz.net

And I tried to change the primary domain to: drdacruz.com

In order to do this, in the Hosting Control Center, I deleted drdacruz.net, then I added drdacruz.com as primary domain. Finally, I added drdacruz.net again, as a non-primary domain.

Everything ok, until here. In a few minutes, drdacruz.net was back online again, but drdacruz.com (the primary domain) is still "Pending Change". It's been 3h and I really need this domain online. Usually it only takes a few minutes and I'm getting worried.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES
Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor
Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor

Re: Changing Primary Domain - "Pending Change"

Hi @LuisDaCruz,

Having been in this situation before, 1st make sure that you have your A-record settings correct for both domains.  While it usually takes just a few minutes to make a change if you are using all GoDaddy services, it often does take a few hours for changes to show if you make several changes back-to-back. 

Also, make sure all of your browser cache is cleared.  Its been a while, but I have had an occasional hiccup on my end displaying old info in the dashboard.

If you haven't already, it doesn't hurt to contact tech support.  They should be able to tell you where the process is with regard to propagation and DNS settings.  Unfortunately, sometimes the only solution when DNS and hosting services are involved is patience!

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
LuisDaCruz
Novice

Thank you for the reply @JMPepper!

Matter of fact, the drdacruz.com domain didn't have its A-record filled. I filled it with the same IP drdacruz.net has, but now I'm getting the "pageok" error when I try to reach drdacruz.com

I accepted an existing domain and added it to my newly created site. That was almost 24hrs ago. The domain still is not updating and sending my new site live