cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geercom
New

Did GoDaddy make this chance to my DNS record?

Wordfence just reported to me that a change was made to my DNS record. This is the change.

Old DNS records: dc-819484f2-mx.davidgeer.com
New DNS records: dc-85d74aac01eb.davidgeer.com

Did GoDaddy make this change?

5 REPLIES 5
CG

Hey @geercom,

First let me say welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Afraid I don't recognize the changes made as that's not a default record any of our automated updates would ever use. Chances are likely this was not a change we made within our automated system.

Did anyone else have access to your account? You might check with any who do as the changes were possibly made by them. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

BTW, why are forum discussions searchable  in Google?

See search results with this discussion here https://www.google.com/search?q=Old+DNS+records%3A+dc-819484f2-mx.davidgeer.com+New+DNS+records%3A+d...

Hey @geercom,

Because this is a Community Forum open to the public to share ideas and knowledge with others. If you're looking for a private support discussion about your account, you'll need to reach out to our live support via phone or chat.

There's more detail on what the Community Forum is hereSmiley Happy

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
SamHobbs
Helper V

There are multiple types of DNS records, such as NS, A and MX. What type of DNS record is that from?

Also, where is the domain registered and where do you see the DNS record?

oslinux
Helper V

Looking at your MX Records I see the Main Domain is davidgeer.com and the SOA and NS Records show the domain's DNS is hosted with Cloudflare. If that is the case then Godaddy would not be able to change the MX Record. 

"dig davidgeer.com MX" shows the current MX Record is 

;; ANSWER SECTION:
davidgeer.com. 299 IN MX 30 mx.powweb.com.

both mx.powweb.com and dc-85d74aac01eb.davidgeer.com have an IP Address within the same Subnet and appear to belong to the same company Powweb.

From what I'm seeing there doesn't appear to be any changes to your MX Record and depending on how Wordfence does DNS Checks does not appear to be something you should worry about.