cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain issue-Domain is not available

I chose a domain that was available to make a new webpage. I thought it was great and made a whole website with it and I just came back to finish it using your trial with godaddy sites to get it ready, and now it says that domain is not available. That is wrong!!! I have it on my site and godaddy would not have let me use it if it wasn't mine. I thought it was purchased when I started the web builder. I am so angry now that I have set up a whole domain that is unavailable. Why didn't Godaddy require the purchase before allowing me to set the whole site up? I do not understand!!! CGinn001

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @CGinn01,

Welcome to the Community!

If you believe you purchased the registration of the domain before beginning your website, please review your order history to see if the registration was made. Your Order History can be found under your "Account Settings". 

If you simply started the website builder and created a name on the provided, temporary domain - mydomain.godaddysites.com, you did not register mydomain.com. The default "godaddysites.com" is provided to every Websites+Marketing user, to begin building their website. This godaddysites.com is to be replaced when you are ready with a registered domain of your own. 

If you'd like to reply with the domain in question, we can take a look at it's history and ownership, should you wish to pursue acquiring the domain.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Former Employee

Greetings @CGinn01 ,

Welcome, and we appreciate the post. When you indicate that you "chose" a domain, are you saying you registered it? This is generally the first step in business creation whether online or in the "physical world". While I can appreciate the upset at discovering the domain you wanted was unavailable, these are completely different entities you are discussing.

If you will allow the comparison to go a bit further, hosting is the space, the website is the content or "furniture" and the domain is the sign one hangs on the front of the building. It's connected, but it has no direct relation to how you choose to decorate the interior. In the physical world, one would secure the name before having it stamped on the walls and chairs.

Having said this, there may be technical solutions that we can offer (or other or similar names). Contact Support for those options. They are experts at guiding people to solutions.

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi @CGinn01,

Welcome to the Community!

If you believe you purchased the registration of the domain before beginning your website, please review your order history to see if the registration was made. Your Order History can be found under your "Account Settings". 

If you simply started the website builder and created a name on the provided, temporary domain - mydomain.godaddysites.com, you did not register mydomain.com. The default "godaddysites.com" is provided to every Websites+Marketing user, to begin building their website. This godaddysites.com is to be replaced when you are ready with a registered domain of your own. 

If you'd like to reply with the domain in question, we can take a look at it's history and ownership, should you wish to pursue acquiring the domain.

View solution in original post

I had the same issue twice.  Hopefully the problem is corrected for the future.  But this morning I have another repeated problem.  On my site Wind Motor Corporation, I wanted to change some wording and other things.  Nope, my free website design time has expired for the umph time.

I am so mad.  Anyone wishing to challenge GoDaddy in court can court can contact me at bc0806@gmail.com.  I will pay for all lawyer and court fees.

I am not sure how this relates to the domain issue. If your free trial has expired you would need to upgrade to a paid plan to continue using the product.

It has nothing to do with a free trial, it has to do with being billed for
something paid for and for my website, Aggoppee Entertainment taken down
twice without my doing it.
Please answer the question with an intelligent answer.

Robert Ward

@RobertWardPlease provide a clear description of the problem(s) you're facing.  Thus far the only thing you've made clear is you have a product that stopped working after it expired, the resolution would be to renew the product.  If there is another problem let us know.

So far your answers to my domain questions rate a Z-.

@RobertWard   You haven't asked any questions.  What is going on with your domain?

Hi @RobertWard,

The kind folks attempting to answer your questions are volunteers - GoDaddy customers like yourself. This is a Community forum where users help users. Please clarify your actions with the website builder so that specific guidance can be given. If you would rather speak with a GoDaddy customer support agent, that can help you after validating your account, please reach out to the most convenient number for you in the link below. 

When you use the Website Builder and complete your project, you must continue to make payments to keep the website active online. The builder includes the hosting server space required to hold your content for visibility on the internet. This also enables you to continue to make updates and revisions to your website. If you're having trouble with billing for that product, please contact support so they assist you within the account. No users in the Community have access to review the billing in your account. 

Why do I need to answer you? I do not understand why your reply should
be important. Thanks.
Cheryl Ginnings
CEO & Founder, Cheryl Ginnings Consultant & Coach
A cginnings@icloud.com
P 580-591-6868
M Evolutionary Business Institute
E cheryl-ginnings.com
W https://courage2overcome.com
Quote "Be the voice for those with no voice!" Cheryl Ginnings
Latest books "It Takes Courage To Be A Caregiver
Radio host: iHeart, iTunes, Spreaker: courage-2-overcome
Skype cheryl.ginnings2

@CGinn01The Community is for users to share advice and suggestions.  Domain registration is separate from website creation.  Look in your order history and if you see a transaction for a product but the product is not in your account contact support directly with your user ID and PIN handy so they can review.