cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goosebump
New

Private domain - admin data still available

Hello,

I purchased a domain and forgot to add immediately the privacy add-on. So I corrected it within an hour, but some whois sites still show the history of the registry and thus all the details.

Is there a way to clear the icann or registry history? Or is there nothing to do?

I would be happy to know if somebody knows a solution.

2 REPLIES 2
justingodfrey
Rockstar II

@goosebump wrote:

Hello,

I purchased a domain and forgot to add immediately the privacy add-on. So I corrected it within an hour, but some whois sites still show the history of the registry and thus all the details.

Is there a way to clear the icann or registry history? Or is there nothing to do?

@goosebump if you added privacy within an hour the odds that your information was cached is not likely. Were you able to see your information somewhere? If so, what site was it?

justingodfrey
Rockstar II

@goosebump wrote:

Hello,

@goosebump and no, there is no way to clear the history with ICANN. Typically domain name whois information is made public just like a registrar of deeds, registrars charge to make information private, which is what you did. Sometimes you can pay the site that cached your information to remove it, thats probably your only option at this point.