Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
AbeStew
Getting Started

Set subdomain to use CNAME when domain is with another register

I have a .scot domain registered with Dynadot with shared web hosting from Godaddy. Currently I have my DNS records on Dynadot to point to Godaddy's nameservers.

I am now in the process of trying to create my subdomains on GoDaddy but there only appears to be options to create a subdomain pointing to a directory or redirected to another URL. However, I am needing to point a subdomain to a CNAME for domains.tumblr.com.

For example say I have the domain mywebsite.scot, how would I setup a subdomain blog.mywebsite.scot with CNAME domains.tumblr.com? Or is this only possible for domains purchased through Godaddy?

Edit: Please ignore, was looking in the wrong place to create a CNAME. Dynadot places subdomain creation, forwards, and CNAMES together. If looking to create subdomain to host web apps or forward to another url use create domain. If looking to create a CNAME go to DNS for your domain on GoDaddy and select 'Add'.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @AbeStew. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

Glad you were able to figure this out. If anyone else has problems creating CNAMEs, this article explains how to do it. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @AbeStew. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

Glad you were able to figure this out. If anyone else has problems creating CNAMEs, this article explains how to do it. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post