cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

A few days ago email just stopped flowing

I have called godaddy twice on Incident #42700375.  Both times my issue got escalated. 

Basically I am having problems with Cpanel email. We Have had this domain working for a long time already and email has been working for a long time on this domain also.  So a few days ago email just stopped flowing.  The email can go out but email cannot be received from any account.  We are not on any blacklist, I checked the IP address and the MX record and they are correct according to the CPanel and nslookups from other places.

The wierd part is When someone from with Goaddy.com or within the domain the cpanel is configured for email works in both receiving and sending.

When anyone from ANYWHERE else besides those domains sends an email to the CPanel domain email does not get received.  The Cpanel emails can send out and that is all they can do.

I have run email servers and even configured  standalone VPS servers with CPanel before so I am very familiar with all these types of configurations and also have configured Micrsofot exchange servers and administered and maintained them so I am very familiar with email systems.

I call for support.  And everytime I am told that they don't fully support email on Cpanel accounts.  Then they try to sell me on office 365 email Is this true?  Then after discussions with them they finally send my request to another teir of support that is not even reallya ccessible for me because once they say the fixed it it says I have to call back because they don't do email support.  It takes them about 24 hours to respond... sometime sooner but they come back with the same message... everything works. 

Ibviously it doesn't because I immediately do a test from different email address at different domains and the Cpanel domain never gets the emails and I get a bounce back. I even sent the bounce back to the support people and they are not even looking at it or even testing and just saying they fixed it.

I feel I am getting lied to and I am already having to look for another email solution.   This is very disappointing because we bought the cpanel hosting for a few years and to get told that email is not fully supported on that solution feels that we were told a lie because we confirmed with the sales person about email and they said Cpanel email is supported.

I am already looking at email solutions that does not require office 365 since I do it on other servers. 

We can't be with email down already for about 2-3 days and so upset that Godaddy does not help or have any form of communication to teir 2 support because everytime I have to repeat the process.

I will be askign for a refund if this is not resolved.

6 REPLIES 6
Super User IV

@dintg 

I'm an end user, so I can't get into GoDaddy policies / practices, however I want to see if I can help you out with your issue.

1) Are you getting any bounce messages - if so what is the bounce error message??

2) As you've mentioned you've done VPS servers before - I'm sure you have done / checked this, but to confirm - Have you looked at the mail delivery option to make sure it is set to local??

3) Would you mind sharing the domain??

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@PL281 Yes I have checked the Local exchange,

The administrator account on CPanel gets no bounces but the people that send messages do receive bounces.  the domain is 3rdcoastbooks.com

I ---- the email address but if you want that I can send that to you.  I just ran into bots reading these posts and taking the emaill address on spambots so I am more careful with that now.

Here is the message. 

This is an SMTP server at asp.reflexion.net

Your message could not be delivered to the following address: <-----------@3rdcoastbooks.com>

(Unified Log Code: 66869944307, 0001)

from <------@genxms.com>

to <---------@3rdcoastbooks.com>

Connected to mail.3rdcoastbooks.com:107.180.60.7 but connection died. (#4.4.2) I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

and here is the header information.  If you want the whole message just let me know.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Received: (qmail 15314 invoked from network); 22 Aug 2020 18:38:12 -0000

Received: from unknown (HELO e1c-rtc-cs-01.aws.reflexion.local) (192.168.252.121)

by 0 (rfx-qmail) with SMTP; 22 Aug 2020 18:38:12 -0000

Received: by e1c-rtc-cs-01.aws.reflexion.local

(Reflexion email security v9.32.0) with SMTP;

Sat, 22 Aug 2020 14:38:12 -0400 (EDT)

Received: (qmail 23457 invoked from network); 22 Aug 2020 18:38:12 -0000

Received: from unknown (HELO E15NYDAG-D15N04.sh11.lan) (67.214.141.234)

by 0 (rfx-qmail) with (AES256-GCM-SHA384 encrypted) SMTP; 22 Aug 2020 18:38:12 -0000

Received: from E15NYDAG-D15N01.sh11.lan (10.115.8.50) by  E15NYDAG-D15N04.sh11.lan (10.115.8.53) with Microsoft SMTP Server  (version=TLS1_2, cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256_P256) id  15.1.2044.4; Sat, 22 Aug 2020 14:38:09 -0400

Received: from E15NYDAG-D15N01.sh11.lan ([fe80::11a5:3ec1:c406:e4de]) by  E15NYDAG-D15N01.sh11.lan ([fe80::11a5:3ec1:c406:e4de%14]) with mapi id  15.01.2044.004; Sat, 22 Aug 2020 14:38:09 -0400

I've tried replying with info and it keeps not showing it... not sure why it doesn't work

@dintg 

So as I see this - the cPanel server took too long to reply and therefore the message was not delivered.

I see you changed your MX record to mail2.  I assume you did this to get the email back up and running. 

The only thing I can think of is if reflexion was having issues but if they were in the past I believe they have gotten it resolved quickly.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Thanks, yes it's a timeout issue. 

Yes I switched my email for that domain to another mail system I have.  This is temporary because we already prepaid for a few years with godaddy and am very dissapointed with Godaddy support. 

I left all the older stuff so that way I can still switch back quickly if they fix the issues but also if it was reflexion was the issue, why immediately when I change the MX record to the mail2 all email started coming in without issues.  I went to various email providers and while the records are still updated... the new accounts on bluehost were already starting to receive email that were in the queue.  So it is defintely something with their Email SMTP, whether it's firewall, SMTP engine... or a block on the server, I have no idea.  but being upsold to office 365 and told that Cpanel email is not something that they support has been very frustrating and having to explain myself especially since they have the notes in the incident.  Email has been down by the looks of it since Thursday of last week.

So if you have Cpanel email, you might want to move off because if you have major issues it looks like they will not fix it.  I am still going to try but since I changed the MX record, troubleshooting might become too impractical unless they know what the problems are. 

@dintg 

This is VERY strange then - I know I helped someone else recently that had an issue with aliases / forwards bouncing and when I checked on the one cPanel server I have it was working fine. They ended up just creating mailboxes.

Personally I NEVER recommend hosting mail and the website on the same server (have I done it sure, but do I recommend it no) - I've had too many issues over the years... once an error log file got to big and used up all the space on the server and therefore mail couldn't come in....another time a client had a blog post picked up in the media and it generated such a high volume of traffic in a short amount of time that it took down the server - which took down mail as well.

While I know that isn't specifically helpful in this instance - One other thing to try / see is point another domain to the server (perhaps one you aren't using mail with currently) and see if you get the same result or if it works - this could help narrow it down to a domain or an account issue..... as this is cPanel vs a VPS i'm assuming it will not work as it's all in the same "account" but it's something to try

Other than that you would need to work with GoDaddy directly - Sorry I couldn't help further with this.