cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anth87
New

Can't setup account forwarding

When I try to set up account forwarding, I get an error message: 

"Based on your current MX record settings, we determined that your email is currently set up to work with a different provider. You cannot manage third party email accounts from the Workspace Control Center."

When I try to select the action: "Reconfigure my MX records to use Workspace email", nothing happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @anth87. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! My guess would be that your domain isn't pointed toward GoDaddy nameservers. If that's the case, you'd need to manually update your domain's MX Records with your current DNS host so that they point to GoDaddy's email servers. Keep in mind that doing this will redirect all email sent to your domain. If you're using another email provider, this may cause any messages sent to your addresses with them to be rejected. 

If you are using GoDaddy Workspace Email, you can use the following MX records. They will be based on the region the email account is set up for. If you're only using the domain for forwarding, the MX Records should be the region closest to where you are. 

United States (US)

• smtp.secureserver.net - priority 0
  • mailstore1.secureserver.net - priority 10

Asia Pacific (AP)

• smtp.asia.secureserver.net - priority 0
  • mailstore1.asia.secureserver.net - priority 10

Euope (EU)

• smtp.europe.secureserver.net - priority 0
  • mailstore1.europe.secureserver.net - priority 10

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.