cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't receive email at my gmail account?

I don't know anyone who does not use GMail.  Is this correct?  I can't choose to send mail to my GMail account? If so, I clearly picked the wrong web host, and am pleased that I didn't get talked into a 1 or 3 year contract. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: I can't receive email at my gmail account?

Hi @AARRGGHHH,

That is definitely not true. Can you please provide us with more details? Are you trying to add the form to your Website Builder and your GMAIL account is not receiving the messages or? 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I ended up using a simple PHP mail() script that I wrote myself this morning.  It will send mail to my ATT email account.  It will NOT send email to my gmail account.  The mail was not placed in spam, it was just never received.  I'm hoping you know of a work around. 

Helper V
Helper V

@AARRGGHHH,

https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Web-Hosting/PHP-mail-not-sending/m-p/61549

Please check the above post to resolve the issue...

Thank you

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
----->NEXIA

That did not resolve the issue. There was no MX setting in my DNS category. Further, I could not login to cPanel.  Maybe I forgot  my password because of this web site's paranoid and ridiculous password requirements.  Please do not insult my intelligence with "it's for your own protection".  IT'S FOR GODADDY'S PROTECTION. 

In any case, if DNS has no MX category, how can I fix this? 

Helper V
Helper V

@AARRGGHHH,

Please provide your Domain Name to investigate!, Thank you...

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
----->NEXIA

I made e mail forwarding but not one araiving to adress i gave

I am having the same issue.

I have multiple accounts. The one in question is from an account created in the early 2000s. I enter the email address that was associated with the domain and never get an email. I called customer services three times today and they sent me personal emails to check the account and that worked, but when they tried to send a GoDaddy email it did not work. I have check spam and also checked to see if GoDaddy was on the filter/blocked list and it is not. No one can help me and I am getting very frustrated that GoDaddy email will not come through to my email address.  If anyone has any insight that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Reidamus

Yeah me too. I've always used Yahoo for domains and hosting. I'm so upset I tried GoDaddy this time. Horrible service. The dang simple email forward they supply you with doesn't even work. Also, you'd think they'd have customer support on the forum, but no! You have to call them and they don't even know how to get this working even though the forum is full of post with people's forwarding not working. It's ridiculous. Makes me want to cancel immediately and go back to Yahoo.

Thanks god this isn't just me..

I spent 2 hrs on to tech support to be told 'I just need to learn how to use email'

I'm like buddy.... I can't even see email and !!

I think it's something to do with domain verification