cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect username or password for POP email

Ok,

So, on 28th Dec, all my devices running POP stopped working.

I have been able to logon to Webmail since then without issue. I have changed the email ac password several times, which has no affect.

I have tried in on 3 different iOS devices, and Android device and Outlook 2010 so I am sure its a server-side issue. Maybe a partially incomplete mailbox migration?

On iOS, the error message says "The username or password is incorrect"

In Outlook 2010, the error message says: "Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR temporary error"

I have spent countless hours with GoDaddy technical support and they have been of no help, simple saying if I can access Webmail, its no their issue. I have been running my own IT business for 10 years and know this issue needs to be escalated.

I am getting desperate to the point of deleting and re-creating the mailbox under Workspace Control Centre.

Can someone help me out please?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Incorrect username or password for POP email

Hi @marky000,

The fact that you can access your webmail indicates this is not an email server side issue.  Please access our help articles that can assist you with the setup of your various email clients. As well as troubleshooting steps.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I had the same issue w/broken pop3 but working webmail until switching passwords. I confirmed the "-ERR temporary error" in a pop3s session using "openssl s_client -connect pop.secureserver.net:995". The old password had many symbolic characters (:\,).

Hello

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm having the same issue - never had before with another provider - and getting no help either, any advice appreciated 

Same issue here, and phone support has not led to any solution. The last time I called (today) the person was convinced my problem was not entering the right password.

But... It works on the GoDaddy web client (Workspace)... I am at least technically savvy enough to know that if ALL email clients fail the same day, across 5 email accounts, this is NOT the issue.

All email client apps and devices say the same thing... "Username or password incorrect"

I may call a 3rd time (!) and maybe asking for a supervisor will help...?

I've been a customer for 14 years, and usually happy with tech support. It would be ironic to be forced to move my business to another hosting company for... Email access!