cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
nitelyte
Novice

Is my free Email included in domain or web hosting?

I'm transferring my domain hosting to another company but keeping my .com domain with GoDaddy.

What I'm trying to figure out is if my current domain named workspace email is part of of my domain package or my web hosting package (Economy Web Hosting Linux) - I cant remember which it was setup with originally and it just says free email with ____.com

Is there a way of checking this for sure which it's linked to?.

2 REPLIES 2
Pro Community Founder Artisan Pro Community Founder Artisan
Pro Community Founder Artisan
Solution

Re: Is my free Email included in domain or web hosting?

Long ago the domain registrations came with 1 free email address credit.  I believe that is why it says your domain name, and if I recall correctly the free credits with hosting would have the name of the hosting product instead.  Those were based on storage space, where you could create multiple addresses which divided up the storage space.  But you may want to contact support to be absolutely sure, as the free email credits are no longer offered with new purchases.  Activated credits were grandfathered in, but unused credits were removed.

nitelyte
Novice

Re: Is my free Email included in domain or web hosting?

Thanks for the reply.

It says -  'Free email addresses for ---.com: EU, 1/1 accounts used, 1000 MB/1000 MB used - Free Account'. Will double check with support to be totally sure before transferring anything.